1.    #1  
    Over the past 3 weeks, sometimes when I try to retrieve email or surf the Web I canít get any data. I get an established connection but I canít get email through Eudora or a site through Blazer. It times out trying to find the address.

Sometimes I can wait a couple hours and itíll work again. Sometimes I can do a soft reset and it will work immediately. And sometimes not. There isn't any consistent behavior.

So naturally I thought thereís something wrong with the network. So I called Sprint and they said it everything's fine and has probably to do with the Treo itself. They said Handspring released some models that have issues. What they all were, he wouldnít say.

Iím just trying to find out if anyone else has the same problem. I donít know if I have to replace my unit or if Sprint just blowing smoke. Let me hear your stories. Thanks.
    I have the exact same issues and also assume they relate to Sprint's new network. I never suspected that the problem could be my particular Treo, and I still doubt that. Of course, isn't it impossible to know the real cause of the problem -- and trying to talk with Sprint about it is pointless, based on my past experience. I don't know what to do about these problems except wait and see (and hope) whether they become less frequent. Any other more useful suggestions would be appreciated!
    Same thing here...I wonder if the 3 of us have the crappy Treo? Somehow, I doubt it...

Nobull
    Apparently Sprint PCS uses a transparent proxy server and sometimes I suspect that it gets confused and won't pass data correctly. This is speculation (the transparent proxy isn't) as I don't know the innards of the network.
    simple change your primary and secondary ha

use either sets below

set 2

My Treo 300 began exhibiting the same behavior yesterday. Connects and logs in just fine, but Blazer (or any other IP based application) just times out. Does seem like a dead proxy server.

I can't change the "HA" settings described above without an "unlock" password. Anyone have one?
    I had the same problem occur on Friday afternoon. After calling SPCS second level support, the tech had me do a ##PRI on the phone pad page on the Treo. This pulled up a page with my PRI checksum as well as a button that allowed a reset of the unit back to factory parameters. He had me push the button, a window then opened asking for a code which he provided to me based upon the PRI checksum number. After entering this, the Treo apparently reset itself without losing any data on the device.

After hanging up from the rep, approximately 20 minutes later, the Treo connected with SPCS and apparently reprovisioned itself. After that, any IP app. on the Treo functioned normally.
    Well, I'm having the same problem. I called up Sprint, and the tech didn't seem to really understand what was going on. He told me that Sprint kills your data connection after 2 hours, but couldn't explain why the Treo doesn't seem to realize this, and keeps trying to send data over a connection that isn't. Until they get with the program and fix things, you'll just have to kill the connection yourself and reestablish.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...
    I've continued to have the same problem this week of any IP application (Blazer, SPCS BC, Eudora) just sit there and time out with no data received from my query.

Once again, I called SPCS tech support this evening. Based upon discussions I had with them, I have detailed the following to anyone experiencing the same problem. I have had success with this process twice now, however, as with any technical advice perform it at your own risk.

Keep in mind to perform the following on your own, you will need to contact SPCS tech support and have them provide the Master Subsidy Lock number based upon your PRI checksum number.

Basically, to get data going again on my device, tech support had me do a ##PRI command on the phone pad dialling screen of the Treo. Once entered and the green phone dial icon clicked, a screen will come up with the PRI checksum number and a button that says Restore to Factory Defaults.

After reading the PRI checksum number to the tech support rep., he will then provide the Master Subsidy Lock number for your phone. When you click on the Restore to Factory Defaults button, another screen will appear where you will enter the Master Subsidy Lock number. When you click on ok, the Treo will indicate please wait and go through its internal reset routines.

When this process is completed, the phone will then go through a reprovisioning connection and then it will log on to the data network as yourself. At that point you should be ready to use data again. At least for myself, doing this process has cleared the problem successfully now twice.

In the final discussion with SPCS tech support, the rep admitted that the phone should not have to be reset in this manner and he was mystified as to why. He was, however, going to log it again as a possible software problem.
    I have been having the same problems and was told that they are experiencing network problems due to "growing pains". I was also told that a very large upgrade is scheduled for Oct. 25 that might help fix the issues. Based on that, the manager of my local SPCS store extended my 14 day return until mid-November.

So you have to call in each time to get a master subsidy lock code? That stinks. But it works each time?
    Originally posted by JoeTampa
    I have been having the same problems and was told that they are experiencing network problems due to "growing pains". I was also told that a very large upgrade is scheduled for Oct. 25 that might help fix the issues. Based on that, the manager of my local SPCS store extended my 14 day return until mid-November.

So you have to call in each time to get a master subsidy lock code? That stinks. But it works each time?
    Thanks for the info on the network upgrade. I had not heard about that.

My description regarding the master subsidy lock code may not have been as clear as I intended. You only have to call an initial time to get it as it is based upon the PRI checksum of your phone which does not change. Once you have the master subsidy lock code, you can then perform the restore to factory defaults maneuver as many times as you desire without having to sit on hold to reach SPCS tech support for them to walk you through all of what I described.
  12.    #12  
    Thanks for all the replies! But this phone has given me tons of headaches since I first created this post. Now almost every time I can't get data. And doing a soft reset doesn't help anymore.

I finally got all the way up to Sprint's Tier 2 Tech Support. We changed the HA addresses. Nothing. We did a checksum reset and it worked after that...for about 20 minutes. Then it started all over again. They it's not the network and probably has everything to do with some software I had installed.

So, I'm not sure what to do. Probably have to try a hard reset now. Has anyone with this problem tried one yet? Did it help?

:menu:m
    I'm new to the 300, but I am having similar difficulties to what I am reading. I am using Eudora with Sprint, and all day yesterday could not download any messages. I kept getting the error "The incoming mail server is not responding". Same thing happens with outgoing server. Some time during the morning session at a conference I am attending, all ofmy mail came in and the ones in my outbox were sent. I have not been able to access the server again all day.

So, is this a server problem, a sprint problem or a Treo problem? Should I just wait for the update?
    Kent Smith DDS
    www.21stCenturyDental.com
    Originally posted by drbksmith
    I'm new to the 300, but I am having similar difficulties to what I am reading. I am using Eudora with Sprint, and all day yesterday could not download any messages. I kept getting the error "The incoming mail server is not responding". Same thing happens with outgoing server. Some time during the morning session at a conference I am attending, all ofmy mail came in and the ones in my outbox were sent. I have not been able to access the server again all day.

So, is this a server problem, a sprint problem or a Treo problem? Should I just wait for the update?
    If you are using Sprint for your email, the reliability of their mail servers is at times questionable (e.g., extended down times). From your description, it would appear that Sprint's server had been down, came up and then went back down. If you want reliability of email, I would recommend a different email provider.