1.    #1  
    Tried ICQ mobile SMS function, worked good with delivery notice but the SMS receiving timing cannot be controlled. As comparing with the SMS messaging charges, GPRS data transfer charge is more cheaper. Try that, even you can save SMS roaming fee, almost all over the world you can send.

http://www.icq.com/download/ftp-palmpilot.html

Hope this helps.

Anthony
    AnthonyLam
    Hi,

I thought that too, but I cant get ICQ for Palm to work on my Treo 600...

Logs in, seems to be working fine, then times out / crashes trying to "start services"!

ANy ideas?
    *******Treo 600 on GSM Orange UK*******
    Firmware: 03.04
    Software: Treo600-1.12/1030/03...
    Hardware: B
    The new Chatter and Verichat releases are stable and they both support ICQ. Neither though is free. Ben

Quote Originally Posted by cy80rg
    Hi,

Logs in, seems to be working fine, then times out / crashes trying to "start services"!

ANy ideas?
    Yes, and a very useful piece of kit Verichat 2.X is too!

What I was actually looking for, was the *SMS* functionality of ICQ (ie over DATA / GPRS).

Of course, if anyone knows of a better way of sending SMS over GPRS, and as such including it in my data package rather than at 25p per 160 chars. (or what ever), that'd be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by cy80rg
    Hi,

ANy ideas?
    got the same error.
    Anyone ever solve this... or find another app that'll send SMS via GPRS rather than per message?
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I have an unlimited data plan with verizon but i do not have any plan for text messaging. I also use verichat, does this mean that every time i send and recieve a message on aim through verichat verizon is charging me a rediculous ammount of money as if it was a text message and not data useage? I hope not otherwise my phone bill is going to be insane this month .
    could you not sign up with a sms provider? I've just moved to NY so not sure what is available in the usa but people like redrock in australia allow you to send sms's via the web so if you could browse to their page then you could send it from there.
    Cheers,
    Dean