1.    #1  
    More than anything else, I need an email program that either checks email on regular intervals (or even better has "push" like basejet) and ALSO syncs with my inbox. If syncing happens remotely, as in basejet (deleting emails from my treo automatically moves them out of my actual desktop inbox), even better.

So Basejet would seem to be both the best and only solution for me. Unfortunately, it works well for a few hours, and then after a while, the desktop polling app starts sending SMS messages to my palm at its set intervals REGARDLESS of whether or not new email has actually arrived in outlook. This is obvoiusly a drain on the battery, and my pocket as SMS charges start to rack up.

Has anyone been able to get Basejet to work as its supposed to yet? I'm on Win2K.

Are there any other apps (besides Aileron, which I find incredibly unintuitive when you want it syncing with inbox) that will offer both regular email checking and inbox syncing with outlook?
    Actually I have the same problem you do. It's okay though, since I don't really n eed push. One neat thing about basejet is that if you assign it to a hardware button, you can press and hold that button and it will check for mail. It's great because you don't even have to open it. I'm going to go through the online support database to see if I can't figure otu what is wrong with teh endless SMSs.
    I had the same problem and finally turned off polling. It would still be an ideal solution for me if I could just sync. on command. The problem is that it's not consistent, and sometimes gives me either a password error or some launcher error when I try to perform a wireless sync. Too bad, because it would be pretty ideal otherwise.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by TreoDude
    I had the same problem and finally turned off polling. It would still be an ideal solution for me if I could just sync. on command. The problem is that it's not consistent, and sometimes gives me either a password error or some launcher error when I try to perform a wireless sync. Too bad, because it would be pretty ideal otherwise.
    Intersting - I have no problems whatsoever with manual syncs. I think the software is the best because it keeps your outlook inbox and your treo-based mail it total sync at all times. if you delete stuff on the palm, when you do a wireless send/receive (or a hotsync) it deletes the messages on the palm. if you delete stuff on the pc and do a send/receive, it automatically deletes them on the desktop. This is invaluable for me, since i know that my email inboxes are always the same. It allows me to be very productive with the palm.... This feature in and of itself rocks - and its why i want basejet to really work.

I've emailed the basejet folks and told them of the polling problem (I'm using win2K btw) and also suggested that they offer another option in the software in addition to polling, which would be to have it just go out and check email from the palm on regular intervals... this would save $$$ on SMS, and take advantage of the way that GPRS is priced. So no polling - but still keep the piece of software running on the desktop which always keeps both inboxes in sync....

I think Basejet as the most potential of all the email packages, and i've tried many... at least for people who don't mind keeping their desktops up and running at all times...