1.    #1  
    From 9/27/02, http://news.com.com/2100-1040-959945.html?tag=cd_mh

"Handspring, which has said nothing about plans for an OS 5 device, is planning to announce next week a software upgrade for its Treo handhelds that adds improvements to several of the Treo's features as well as the ability to work with always-on GPRS (General Packet Radio Service) networks..."
    Maybe GPRS upgrade is officially coming to the U.S.

Originally posted by elysian9
    From 9/27/02, http://news.com.com/2100-1040-959945.html?tag=cd_mh

"Handspring, which has said nothing about plans for an OS 5 device, is planning to announce next week a software upgrade for its Treo handhelds that adds improvements to several of the Treo's features as well as the ability to work with always-on GPRS (General Packet Radio Service) networks..."
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    The article continues:

The upgrade will be available in Europe and Asia first, with the United States to follow in the coming weeks, sources said.

it's coming but us Europeans will get it first.

anderas
    treopolis -the German treo site

Now in beta testing: treopolis 2.0
    I just spoke to HS support in the UK. They told me that the upgrade will be available for europe in the afternoon of the 30th.

It will be posted on the US site though - so perhaps you lot get it as well.

Rob
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Originally posted by robjonson
    I just spoke to HS support in the UK. They told me that the upgrade will be available for europe in the afternoon of the 30th.

It will be posted on the US site though - so perhaps you lot get it as well.

Rob

Would that be the afternoon of September 30th or October 30th?

Thanks!
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    Forgive me for being pessimistic, but I'll belive it when I see it.
    I BELIEVE! That it exists anyway, if I see support in my lifetime -- that's another matter...
    Always the skeptic,
    Mike
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    Here

http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...olutionId=8332
    One item I noticed:

You need at least 6.7MB (6,700KB) of free memory on your device

Ouch!

Is that how much memory it takes after installation is complete?
    Originally posted by rowan

You need at least 6.7MB (6,700KB) of free memory on your device

Ouch!

Is that how much memory it takes after installation is complete?
    Nope, it's the amount of memory that you need before you install the patch. After that you can use the 6.7MB again (maybe some kB will be taken up my some progs, I'm not sure about that, but the lion's share will be available again...)

anderas
    treopolis -the German treo site

Now in beta testing: treopolis 2.0
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Originally posted by treopolis
    Nope, it's the amount of memory that you need before you install the patch. After that you can use the 6.7MB againanderas
    Whew! That's reassuring!