1.    #1  
    Jabra has a blue tooth headset with a 2.5mm adapter but I am not sure if that 2.5mm adapter will be compatible with the t300. I know not all 2.5mm jacks work with the t300

any one have any insights on this?
    I was at a manager meeting last week in Fort Worth. At the end of the meeting, we had a trade show where hardware makers where invited to show off their new products.

Jabra was their and I spoke to the rep. Bad news... I'm only speaking from what I was told by this specific rep but they are making two verisons of the Freespeech.

The first model is made for phone models that utilize a built-in bluetooth. They'll retail for $99.

The second model will be for most other phones that utilizes the standard 2.5mm jack. I was not a happy person! Again.... why handspring decided to be difficult and make the headset jack the Nokia style is beyond me. This version headset is gogin to retail for $180. It'll use some type of adapter to connect to the 2.5 mm jack.

I asked them if we would offer a nokia style headset plug, and he said no. Or at least for now no.... It depended on demand.
    " What would you attempt if you knew you couldn't fail?" - Robert Schuller -
    This was briefly discussed previously in another thread. You can view that thread by clicking here.

Hope this helps.

Craig
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
    whew i almost ordered one thanks for the info. saved me from making a mistake

posted from the treo
    Originally posted by Lkwan
    I was at a manager meeting last week in Fort Worth. At the end of the meeting, we had a trade show where hardware makers where invited to show off their new products.

Jabra was their and I spoke to the rep. Bad news... I'm only speaking from what I was told by this specific rep but they are making two verisons of the Freespeech.

The first model is made for phone models that utilize a built-in bluetooth. They'll retail for $99.

The second model will be for most other phones that utilizes the standard 2.5mm jack. I was not a happy person! Again.... why handspring decided to be difficult and make the headset jack the Nokia style is beyond me. This version headset is gogin to retail for $180. It'll use some type of adapter to connect to the 2.5 mm jack.

I asked them if we would offer a nokia style headset plug, and he said no. Or at least for now no.... It depended on demand.

According to the Jabra FreeSpeak BT200 DataSheet there is a 4 conductor plug for Nokia phones. Does this mean it will work with the Treo 300?

Anyone?
    Originally posted by manorton

According to the Jabra FreeSpeak BT200 DataSheet there is a 4 conductor plug for Nokia phones. Does this mean it will work with the Treo 300?

Anyone?

My guess is yes. There are 3 versions of it: one for Bluetooth, one for standard 2.5 mm 3 conductor, and one for 2.5 mm 4 conductor (Nokia phones).

I might just have to get one and see how it works for both my Treo 300 and my T68m.
    Originally posted by sgruby

My guess is yes. There are 3 versions of it: one for Bluetooth, one for standard 2.5 mm 3 conductor, and one for 2.5 mm 4 conductor (Nokia phones).

I might just have to get one and see how it works for both my Treo 300 and my T68m.
    Do any retailers sell this? I'd like to handle one before shelling out the big bucks for it. Too bad the Treo 300 doesn't come with BlueTooth.