1.    #1  
    I was at palmgear looking at some of the new apps and I noticed that they had a new program called PalmMSN. it allows you to use msn instant messenger. you also have to download another program to run it from Java. The instructions are pretty easy to follow. It works pretty well just slow. At least we have another option to keep in contact besides AOL IM.
    Does it work??

I have found that I can not install AIM on my Treo 300. If I do, I get a fatal error that requires a hard reset... I've seen some others mention this problem on the boards...
    I have used and ran the palm version of AIM without any problems. No fatal errors, that's for sure.

I am interested in a stand alone java app so I will look into that.
    A tad slow, the interface needs work, but it is functional. It IS a beta.
    Just think, an MSN client. That runs on Palm OS. Written In Java. Oh, thats gotta hurt. Just make it open source and you have the "hat trick".
    I tried to install the app, but I am not able to run it on my Treo. Nothing happens.... Any tips? Perhaps do I need some more apps to make it running?
    nice find.. installed it on my tre300 a few minutes ago. its realy not that slow.. works as advertised.

steps i took to install and run

download palmMSN
    download java HQ
    enable java HQ for networking
    run PalmMSN
    setup my MSN login name/pw (make sure pw has proper case)

thats it. the interface is a bit akward (sp?) but works nice

bm
    Why not just use MSN Messenger Force which works for the Palm. It has a pretty nice interface and runs pretty well, except for the buggy sign-in. But once you get signed-in, it's works well.
    Thanks for the tips, but where can I find Java HQ? If possible send it to me. torekov1@hotmail.com
    Regards,
    Martin
  10.    #10  
    I have no problem running AIM on my treo 300 never (knock on wood ) had any reset problems. It has been addressed in other threads. Someone said to make sure you have the latest AIM they recently updated it.

You must install the java hq software also. I almost deleted it because i thought it didn't work.
    this is from the website to get Java going.

PalmMSN was developed in Java.
    To add Java functionality to your Palm device you need to install MIDP for Palm OS wich supports handhelds running Palm OS version 3.5 according to Sun's website.
    You can download the MIDP for Palm at

http://java.sun.com/products/midp4palm/download.html.

PS I spoke with some people as I use the messenger and they actually get the messages pretty quick. I think the interface is just a little weird.
    Has anyone been able to get Messenger force to work on a Treo 300 while using Vision as the connaction method?

Force definately has a better interface and is much faster. But it only works for me when I switch my treo to use the old Wireless web connection method...

Try it... while using vision... force just keps getting an error. But the moment i tried using WW. It logged in immediately.

Pretty disappointing because I need to use MSN chatting feature.
    " What would you attempt if you knew you couldn't fail?" - Robert Schuller -
    Originally posted by Lkwan
    Has anyone been able to get Messenger force to work on a Treo 300 while using Vision as the connaction method?

Force definately has a better interface and is much faster. But it only works for me when I switch my treo to use the old Wireless web connection method...

Try it... while using vision... force just keps getting an error. But the moment i tried using WW. It logged in immediately.

Pretty disappointing because I need to use MSN chatting feature.
    To get force to work, just try signing on a few times in quick succession (set the save password checkbox). Force will fail a few times and will then suceed.

FYI, PDA Apps is working on a much better MSN messaging client.

Spiderman
  13.    #13  
    Just Curious what http proxy are you guys using. Does anyone lnow the one for SPRINT or Blazer.

J
    Hi
    About MSN Messenger force.It is sad that you cant switch applications when u using MSN because you get signed out if you for an example want to look in your calender or anything else on your Treo.Does anyone have a solution about that?

Regards
    Eddie
    yes this is very annoying!

Its also sad that you can speak to oonly one individual at a time. You can have griup chats though. Hope a better app is released soon.

Originally posted by Edlip
    Hi
    About MSN Messenger force.It is sad that you cant switch applications when u using MSN because you get signed out if you for an example want to look in your calender or anything else on your Treo.Does anyone have a solution about that?

Regards
    Eddie
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?