1.    #1  
    I'm trying to make use of the shortcut feature found within the Palm OS. According to handspring we have to press and hold the Option key, and then press the Menu/Applications key. THIS IS NOT A SHORTCUT! ;-) .

Are there any apps out there that will automatically replace text as soon as you type it ? I'd love to be able to just type "u" within any app and have it replaced by "you."

The Blackberry had this feature perfected and it worked in real time as you were typing.
    Alex,

I agree, and missed this for a while, until I found the Recoecho application that allows you to use Graffiti. If you get this, you can then use the ol :shortcut: stroke once again! I hope this helps!!

Craig
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
    Wow. That link you posted sure was confusing on how to enter shortcuts. I can understand your frustration. Actually the user guide is also unclear. The actual way to enter a shortcut is to type the letter "s", then hit the "0" (zero) button to drop the character list for "s". You then need to select the bottom character from the list (see post above this one for the character). Then type in the shortcut you want to enter (e.g., di = dinner). The shortcut should automatically be entered after hitting the space bar.

This is definitely not as easy as the blackberry (especially for things like "u" to "you"), but it does work fairly well for things you define such as your email address or name (the more characters, the more useful it is).
  4. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Originally posted by csherman I agree, and missed this for a while, until I found the Recoecho application that allows you to use Graffiti. If you get this, you can then use the ol :shortcut: stroke once again! I hope this helps!!
    Does NewPen support it too?
    I would certainly think so. All you need is a way to graffiti in the "shortcut":shortcut: so either one should do. I just had problems with Newpen....

Craig
    there is a program out there called wordcomplete that i use it should help.
    Last edited by PFSCHAMPION; 09/25/2002 at 09:17 PM.
  7. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Both WordComplete and RecoEcho can be found here: https://secure.cic.com/
    I use 'CorrectHack', one of the many hacks available. For example, I enter the letter 'o', and it gets replaced by the '@' sign, automatically. I think that's what you want. I have about 50 words that get auto-replaced. I love it, and it saves tons of time. I'm also finding with the keyboard that I tend to make certain spelling mistakes over and over - I just enter the 'wrong' word into CorrectHack, to be replaced by the 'right' word, and I'm off and running the next time it happens.

Search for CorrectHack at PalmGear or Handango, or other similar software outlet.
  9.    #9  
    Originally posted by nrosser
    I use 'CorrectHack', one of the many hacks available. For example, I enter the letter 'o', and it gets replaced by the '@' sign, automatically. I think that's what you want. I have about 50 words that get auto-replaced. I love it, and it saves tons of time. I'm also finding with the keyboard that I tend to make certain spelling mistakes over and over - I just enter the 'wrong' word into CorrectHack, to be replaced by the 'right' word, and I'm off and running the next time it happens.

Search for CorrectHack at PalmGear or Handango, or other similar software outlet.
    Perfect! EXACTLY what I was looking for.
    Wow! That sounds great. I find that with Recoecho, I cannot enter any types of punctuation. Perhaps this will help get around this issue....

Thanks!!