1.    #1  
    Does anybody know which software I can use to convert Nokia ringtones RTTTL to Treo ringtones? Thanks in advance!!
    Originally posted by Ricky3333
    Does anybody know which software I can use to convert Nokia ringtones RTTTL to Treo ringtones? Thanks in advance!!
    HoHo
    I just obtained HoHo, but haven't had time to play with it. A few questions:
    1) Does Nokia have polyphonic ringtones?
    2) Assuming the answer to that is yes, can HoHo convert those polyphonic's to the Treo 300?

Anxiously awaiting someone's response!

Craig
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
  4.    #4  
    Yes, I have HoHo too! But I don't have a clue on how to convert any Nokia ringtones or even MIDI files to Treo ringtones....
    Well, if I figure it out, I'll post it here -- and you do the same. Deal?

Craig
  6.    #6  
    I have asked the developer of HoHo and I got this answer...

Hello!
    I have no tools for that, but you should try Simply Install - Pilot Install (http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...fm?prodID=7146), which can do it.

--
    Radoslaw Nowak, RNS::
    www.ranosoft.com/palm

I am still looking for a solution.....!!!!!
    Ricky,

That's interesting because I used Pilot Install with my i300 and I absolutely loved it! I cannot for the life of me get it to work with my Treo. I would be really curious if you have success. I think getting this to work will be a big step in getting polyphonic ringtones on our Treo's.
  8.    #8  
    Simply Install is just a program for you to install softwares onto your palm without going through all the backups / syncs. It is much much faster. It works for me on the Treo and I love the speed, but what does that has to do with ringtones?????
    Well, because you can install *.mid files on the Treo by dropping them on PInstall, it is the only way I know of to get them on the Treo. I am assuming -- and I don't know very much about this -- that any and all midi files could then be added to the phone. I may be wrong of course....

Craig
    Yes, I have HoHo too! But I don't have a clue on how to convert any Nokia ringtones or even MIDI files to Treo ringtones....
    a) Run HoHo
    b) Go to the Options menu, choose Preferences, and choose the ringtone database (in the MIDI database dropdown).
    c) Options again, and Change Format (to RTTTL)
    d) enter the RTTTL song
    e) Play it to make sure it's OK
    f) Convert menu, choose "To MIDI Alarm".
    g) Done.
    But, how do you get the midi's on the Treo from your PC?
  12.    #12  
    Thanks Spyder!!! It works...
    Let me show Csherman the procedures :

for Midi files-->
    1) use Simply Install to hot sync the file/s to Treo
    2) open HoHo and choose MIDI manager
    3) you will see your file on the list, click [ copy to ] and choose [ ringtones ]
    4) goto system preference and under ringer preference you will see the new ringtone on the list

for RTTTL / Nokia files
    1) I copy the whole song of RTTTL chars to any memo
    2) hot sync
    3) open the memo on Treo and copy the song
    4) open HoHo and paste the song there
    5) change to the appropriate format e.g. RTTTL, Nokia...
    6) play the song to make sure it's ok
    7) convert it to midi
    8) start from step 2) for midi files again....

It's fun...now I have all my favorite songs!!!!!
    Ricky,

Thank you very much for that. My problem is (well, there are several, but I'll stick to this one ) that for whatever reason, I cannot get Pilot Install to recognize my Treo. I used it successfully with my previous phone (Samsung I-300), but I cannot get it to work with this one. I am thinking of removing all reference to it in my registry, but I can't imagine that this will work. I have written the developer twice, but her/she hasn't written back, so I'm stuck.

If anyone out there may be able to help me get Pilot Install to work, I would really appreciate it!!

Craig
    Known issue with Pinstall - fix due end of September 2002
    http://pinstall.envicon.com/e/pinstall/faq.html
    Although there have been two recent releases - neither seem to have addressed the issue. Anyone else have any insight - my queries to support at envicon have been met with the sounds of silence

Originally posted by csherman
    Ricky,

Thank you very much for that. My problem is (well, there are several, but I'll stick to this one ) that for whatever reason, I cannot get Pilot Install to recognize my Treo. I used it successfully with my previous phone (Samsung I-300), but I cannot get it to work with this one. I am thinking of removing all reference to it in my registry, but I can't imagine that this will work. I have written the developer twice, but her/she hasn't written back, so I'm stuck.

If anyone out there may be able to help me get Pilot Install to work, I would really appreciate it!!

Craig
    Thank you Confused.

I see it only refers to the Treo 90, but I would imagine that once that is added, the 300 would also work.

Craig
    Thanks Spyder!!! It works...
    Let me show Csherman the procedures :

for Midi files-->
    1) use Simply Install to hot sync the file/s to Treo
    2) open HoHo and choose MIDI manager
    3) you will see your file on the list, click [ copy to ] and choose [ ringtones ]
    4) goto system preference and under ringer preference you will see the new ringtone on the list

for RTTTL / Nokia files
    1) I copy the whole song of RTTTL chars to any memo
    2) hot sync
    3) open the memo on Treo and copy the song
    4) open HoHo and paste the song there
    5) change to the appropriate format e.g. RTTTL, Nokia...
    6) play the song to make sure it's ok
    7) convert it to midi
    8) start from step 2) for midi files again....

It's fun...now I have all my favorite songs!!!!!
    .o(i guess that in order to do all that in HoHo... i'll have to pay for the unlock key or whatever that thing has for protection?)
    once you have your files converted to midi's, you can use this link

http://www.treocentral.com/ringtones...0fun/index.php

to turn up to 10 of them at a time into a PDB file that can be synced onto your treo300. you can then use tcringer or ringo to set them as ringtones.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.