1.    #1  
    I can retrieve my e-mail messages with Mark/Space Mail, but I can't send - I keep getting an error message. I have the correct smtp server setup - anyone else have this problem - any suggestions?
    Darren Greenspoon
    www.allstarsportscamp.ca
    Have you tried contacting the developer and sending him the exact error report you are getting?

-W
    Will Lau

www.snappermail.com

A Killer Email Client for Palm OS Smartphones, now available...
    could be your isp prevents routing email from a different isp.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Hi this is my first post to this forum:

I am having the same problem with my Treo 300 using Eudora. I think my ISP (roadrunner cable modem) prevents routing. I get the following error message.

"An address has error: 5.7.1 <the address I am sending to> ...Relaying denied."

Is there a workaround or a setting in Eudora? Can I use a diffrent SMTP server? Annything? I read something about SMTP AUTH. What does that do? Please Help!!! I just want to sent e-mail from my treo.
    I'm no expert, but I've run into this before.

Back in the good ol' days, one just had to make a connection to any smtp server on the entire internet, and one could send mail through it. This is "relaying".

Spammers seized upon this as the perfect way to hide where the spam was coming from. Faced with their smtp servers clogged with spam, most ISPs now deny relaying.

This means that in order to use most smtp servers, one has to be logged onto the hosting ISP. Alas, when one uses a Treo or a Visor with the datalink, one is not logged onto the ISP that has one's email, one is instead logged onto the SprintPCS ISP. Your ISP's smtp server won't let you do it.

There are a vanishingly few number of ISPs that will do relaying. Some use a wierd kludge of allowing relaying if you've used the POP3 server to recieve your email within the last 15 minutes. And a few others will allow use of their smtp server if you give it a password. Unfortunately this too is rare.

The kludgy solution I use was to get a email account with Sprint (sign up on their web site). I use the Sprint smtp server as my default smtp sever, but I set the "reply to" header to my normal email address.
    You need to check the box in your account setup to allow smtp authorization. and then put in your user name and password and it will work
    Also, this is the case for ATT Broadband, you may have to enter the SSL Port Numbers.

It all depends on how you set up outlook when you are not on your home isp. For example with ATT you can check email on their web page or configure Outlook with advanced settings so you can check and send email.

Hope this helps...
    I signed up for Sprint PCS Mail and tried to use the Sprint SMTP server (Which I assume was SMTP.sprintpcs.com) IT keeps telling me my password or username is incorrect!!! But the same password works on the web site.

Please Help!!

Also Does anyone know how to access the Spint PCS MAil from the Treo- I see no applications or access place on the PCS Web??? How do you access it?
    Originally posted by Joeroad
    I signed up for Sprint PCS Mail and tried to use the Sprint SMTP server (Which I assume was SMTP.sprintpcs.com) IT keeps telling me my password or username is incorrect!!! But the same password works on the web site.
    First you have to go to your PC, fire up your favorite browser, log into your account on the Sprint PCS web site, and sign up for an email account.

Your email username and password can be totally different from the ones used to log into the web site.
    If this helps any, this is what we've been sending to our customers wanting to setup SnapperMail onto Sprint:

Sending and receiving mail from your Sprint account

(1) You need to set an EMAIL password for your Sprint account:
    - Set an EMAIL password for your account, DO NOT change the vision password - the vision password is different and should not be modified

(2) In SnapperMail configure your incoming and outgoing mail servers
    - In your Server Account settings (Edit Accounts | Server), enter the following:
    POP3 Server: pop.sprintpcs.com
    Username: [your Sprint username]
    password: [your EMAIL password you set in step (1) above]

SMTP Server: smtp.sprintpcs.com
    Username: [your Sprint username]
    password: [your EMAIL password you set in step (1) above]
    Will Lau

www.snappermail.com

A Killer Email Client for Palm OS Smartphones, now available...