Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I recall seeing a post that listed how to get around the T90 without using the stylus, but now I can't find it. Can someone share the various shortcuts? I promise I'll save it this time.
    Thanks
    What you're probably looking for it Treo Keyboard Utils. (freeware, palmgear) You can set up keys to move the cursor a space or line at a time in any direction. It also lets you highlight with the keyboard. It's very stable and a necessity.
  3.    #3  
    No, there were several posts of keyboard shortcuts people have found. Like the blue key & return puts you back to the program menu.....
    Those help files are built into your treo. Check out the Keyboard Demo app from the launcher screen. Also open a memo and check out Keyboard Help from the menu. Almost all you're looking for is in those two places.
  5.    #5  
    I'll look. Thanks
    If it spares you any headaches, option/blue+return acts as OK, YES or DONE. option/backspace acts as NO or CANCEL

And the list key lets you easily enter accented characters or monetary symbols by pressing the letter first (or $ for monetary) and hitting the list key and choosing from the popup menu. Also typing s and then hitting the list key allows you to input the shortcut symbol (at the bottom of the list).

I only wish they had added a button to perform New and Edit (those keys got a lot of use on my Targus Stowaway for my Visor Deluxe). A tab would have been nice too.

The TreoKbUtil thing is really nice and all, I just personally can't use it because after 2 days with my Treo, I got immensely attached to the ability to use the command key and the command letter in conjunction with it and the utility seems to kill that (I have to press the command key to get the menu first, then choose the letter).
    SHIFT+SPACE (at the same time) = TAB

hth...Rich
    Treo Keyboard Utils should not interfere with the regular command functions assigned to those keys. Normally you press and relase the command button and then press a letter key to get a menu function. For using Treo Keyboard Utils, press and hold the command key while pressing the letter key (that you assigned in TKBU). They should work fine together unless some other launcher hack that uses command strokes is intervering.
  9.    #9  
    Sorry, but "TBKU"?????
    Treo Keyboard Utils.
  11.    #11  
    Got it!
    Thanks
    Originally posted by J. Kevin Wolfe
    Treo Keyboard Utils should not interfere with the regular command functions assigned to those keys. Normally you press and relase the command button and then press a letter key to get a menu function.
    No, what I'm saying is I do command key+letter at the same time, bypassing the menus altogether. Like using the control key on a PC or command key on a Mac. When I'm playing a game for example, I just do /+n as opposed to / and then n. It might seem weird, but that's personally how I'm used to doing it and quite frankly it's one of my salvations against losing grafitti altogether.
    Originally posted by LeggNet
    SHIFT+SPACE (at the same time) = TAB
    Thanks, sorry tho, guess I wasn't clear enough. You're right, I was looking for a way to jump fields tho (I believe the stowaway does with the tab key a la windows).
    In some apps, the scroll buttons does this. In the edit mode in Contacts the scroll down button takes you to the next field.
  15. dji
    Just downloaded TKBU and assigned keys. However, I can't figure out how to actually use the program. How do I actually use the keys for the shortcuts that I've assigned?
    Hold down the menu/command/house button and press the keys you've assigned. If you press and release the command key, you get the normal menu functions, if any are assigned to those keys.

You can also highlight text with the keyboard. Command/space where you want to start highlighting and again where you want to end highlighting.
    Originally posted by J. Kevin Wolfe
    In some apps, the scroll buttons does this. In the edit mode in Contacts the scroll down button takes you to the next field.
    No, on mine it just does a page down, not skipping from field to field. I would love to find out how to move from field to field so i would not have to use the pen or my finger to do this. Would TKBU allow this?
    I tried new pen to get the shorcut sybol up but it does not work. any fast way to use shortcuts?
    New Pen does work! It worked for me with version 1.2 and now with version 1.3 (can be downloaded at Palmgear.com). Read the instructions to learn how to use the software.

Originally posted by knight-toolwork
    I tried new pen to get the shorcut sybol up but it does not work. any fast way to use shortcuts?
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    Don,

Go into a contact in Contacts and press edit. Your scroll buttons should shift fields.

Knight,

Try Pop! (puts a popup, tappable list of shortcuts. Install both the hack and the app. Then tell the app to launch the hack on startup.) or Correct Hack (autocorrector that can program shortcuts that contain up to 1000 characters.)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast