1.    #1  
    I guess this should have been obvious, but it annoys me. I am ready to plunk down $499 for a new Treo 270, but Cingular (I live in Calif.) says I can't simply apply my existing Cingular account which started in April, to the new Treo. I must wait until April, 2003 to buy the Treo 270 at the "w/activation" price. Damn. Do they want my business or not?
    Treo user, 67+
    Originally posted by sjohnson
    I guess this should have been obvious, but it annoys me. I am ready to plunk down $499 for a new Treo 270, but Cingular (I live in Calif.) says I can't simply apply my existing Cingular account which started in April, to the new Treo. I must wait until April, 2003 to buy the Treo 270 at the "w/activation" price. Damn. Do they want my business or not?
    They already have your business. :-) Why would they give you a discount designed to attract new customers?
    Originally posted by sjohnson
    Well, you could try to make a deal with them. I don't know if this can apply to the Treo but my sister had a phone and she wanted to upgrade so they said she could but she would have to add an additional year to the contract making it like 2 years. I guess as long as you extended it out for another year they might not mind. But then again you're locked for 2 years. I've had no problems with Voicestream in my area so it didn't seem so bad.