1.    #1  
    I just bought that nifty Jabra boom headset with the ear gels. It's really cool, but when I plug it into the jack, it hangs up the call. The included headset didn't do that. Oh well. Back to CompUSA it goes.
    you must have a defective one or the wrong jabra boom. I have one and it's working perfectly. It's actually for my Nokia 8890, but it works with my Treo 270, with the on/off button too.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by Crypto
    you must have a defective one or the wrong jabra boom. I have one and it's working perfectly. It's actually for my Nokia 8890, but it works with my Treo 270, with the on/off button too.
    Really? I got the one with the three black bands, designed for the Nokia 3000 series and 8000 series. The button worked to turn it on and off, but when the phone was on and I plugged it in, it hung up. If I plugged it in before dialing, it worked fine. Think I should try another one? It was a cool device.
    Kramaur, i think your right. I've had a couple Jabras, and like the gels - very comfy. But I find that they pop off when you don't expect it and it's gone. Sucks buying replacements and not having it when you need it. The boom model sounds great, but how do you store it while connected without losing the gel???
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    This is the problem with the Jabra. If you are on a phone call and then plug it in, then it hangs up. This is a pretty old issue and at the time Jabra new about it. I do not know what they have done on this issue. You may want to send them an email.

Or just plug it in before you make the call I lost the gels as well. Still looking for the perfect ear piece.
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by Wolfeman09
    This is the problem with the Jabra. If you are on a phone call and then plug it in, then it hangs up. This is a pretty old issue and at the time Jabra new about it. I do not know what they have done on this issue. You may want to send them an email.

Or just plug it in before you make the call I lost the gels as well. Still looking for the perfect ear piece.
    I don't think that's doable though. I'll often pick up, talk for a minute, realize it'll be a while, and then go for the earpiece. Too bad the Jabra isn't going to work for me. I liked it alot.
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by Wolfeman09

here's a solution. Just put the person on hold before you put in the earpiece. Works flawlessly then.
    Anyone using the EarBoom Winder? Several guys at the office have them for their BlackBerrys, looks great. Web site says there's a model for the 3000/8000 Nokias, so I assume it will work with our Treos.

http://www.jabra.com/products/JabraEarBoomWinder.htm

Does it have an on/off button?

Thanks,

Brandon
  9.    #9  
    Originally posted by cbtrussell
    Anyone using the EarBoom Winder? Several guys at the office have them for their BlackBerrys, looks great. Web site says there's a model for the 3000/8000 Nokias, so I assume it will work with our Treos.

http://www.jabra.com/products/JabraEarBoomWinder.htm

Does it have an on/off button?

Thanks,

Brandon
    It does have an on-off button. I didn't like it because it doesn't really go into your pocket very nicely. It is great if you have a belt always and keep your Treo clipped there. Just be wary that you have to put someone on hold before pluggin it in. If you don't, it hangs up the phone. If it's plugged in before the call comes in, you can simply press the button (it's on the winder) to answer the call.
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    It does have an on-off button. I didn't like it because it doesn't really go into your pocket very nicely. It is great if you have a belt always and keep your Treo clipped there.
    I agree. It's meant to be clipped on your belt so you would end up having another gadget hanging in there with your Treo. I used mine for a week. But yes it works with the Treo.

I'm back with my original Handspring Headset.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????