Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Check-out Mailer. If you just want a simple email program with multiple acount support and the ability to check your email with the lid closed (just click the button you mapped mailer to), this a great program. I just wished it supported attachments and I wish it gave you the ability to create more folders.
    www.electricpocket.com
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    I see my Word and Excel attachments!
    Until there is a solution for the cab file wrapper put on by Sprint
    the attachment functionality is useless. Is there anything in the
    works?
    I just got a treo 180, and apparently there is no "One-Touch" app. I have searched the forums and done the mail setup and sync thing several times, but no luck. I am using Eudora now in its place, but I need support for syncing folders with Outlook XP. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Well lucky enough our company uses GroupWise and all you have to do is connect via web access. I looked at some of the programs out there and really was not to happy with the price or the plans..
    Hi,

I've just downloaded Eudora and am using it to check my mail from my Yahoo account. That works fine, but I don't know the correct settings for the SMTP server for my outgoing mail, so I have not yet been able to send mail from my TREO.

Can anyone give me a hand with the settings?

Thank you!
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Originally posted by Newbie
    Hi,

I've just downloaded Eudora and am using it to check my mail from my Yahoo account. That works fine, but I don't know the correct settings for the SMTP server for my outgoing mail, so I have not yet been able to send mail from my TREO.

Can anyone give me a hand with the settings?

Thank you!
    Do you have to enable the functionality first on the Yahoo site?
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    You have to pay for SMTP and POP3 Services w/ Yahoo. But, look into yahoo Mail Plus.
    Well, I've been trying out a few email clients. I just wish one had ALL the features i"m looking for.

Right now I prefer Snappermail. However, I do like the filter functionality of Mark/Space.

Does anyone know of another email client that does filter like Mark/Space does?
    While reading this thread, I compiled the data presented for all the different programs and put it in tabular form. I then supplemented the info given in the thread with extra info I looked up on my own.

There are holes in the table, but hopefully nonetheless people will find this buying guide useful.
    Haven't tried any of these programs out yet because I don't have an Internet email account that is accessbile outside work. I want to try them out first but from what I'm reading it seems that all the free email services I know of - hotmail.com and yahoo.com don't work with the exception of yahoo which can charges $30 to their free service for this access. Are there any freebie sights I can use to try this out. I'm not really sure at this point as to whether I really need or want wireless email on my Treo.

Thanks,

Bob
    Originally posted by Bob-C
    ...Are there any freebie sights I can use to try this out. I'm not really sure at this point as to whether I really need or want wireless email on my Treo.

Thanks,

Bob
    got to www.netzero.net and sign up for their free internet. Then install the software, and then uninstall it. YOu wont need to access the internet through them, but you can keep your ---@netzero.net address and the free POP and SMTP access forever (what I am doing). A bit tedious, but its free
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
    Originally posted by starrwulfe

got to www.netzero.net and sign up for their free internet. Then install the software, and then uninstall it. YOu wont need to access the internet through them, but you can keep your ---@netzero.net address and the free POP and SMTP access forever (what I am doing). A bit tedious, but its free
    Interesting. I didn't know they had a free service (max. 10 hrs. / month) again. Last time I checked, they, like all the other formerly legion free ISPs, had converted to a purely pay service, which made the NetZero name (not to mention their old commercials about free Internet being "the right of every American") pretty ironic.
    Why not just use sprints, if you don't mind a copy domain name?
    Originally posted by Dan Harkless
    While reading this thread, I compiled the data presented for all the different programs and put it in tabular form. I then supplemented the info given in the thread with extra info I looked up on my own.

There are holes in the table, but hopefully nonetheless people will find this buying guide useful.
    Dan thank you SOOOOO much for putting this buying guide together. I am finding it most useful as I test out different email apps for my new Treo 300. Kudos to you for a job well done.

And warm thanks for the folks at Treo Central for making this all possible.

Dave
    TC Fellows,

Please assist if you can:

Is there a email app for the Treo 300 that will allow the following:

- Selective deletion of messages off the server.

Here's the scenario. I primarily use Outlook and hit a POP3 server for email. 50% of email is junk mail, most of which filters into a Junk folder. I remove email from server via Outlook as well.

I want to use the Treo to check email when I'm not using my computer, but I don't want to delete it off the server UNLESS it's junk mail. This way, when I check email with Outlook, I will have the messages I want, and avoid retrieving the junk email.

So, is there an email app that will allow me to selectively choose email messages on the Treo and have it delete it off the POP3 server? (and leave the other messages there)

Thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by dspinelli:
    Dan thank you SOOOOO much for putting this buying guide together. I am finding it most useful as I test out different email apps for my new Treo 300. Kudos to you for a job well done.
    No problem Dave. While I put the guide together for my own benefit as much as anyone else's, I'm nonetheless a bit surprised you're the first one to comment on it in the two weeks since I posted the URL. In any case, glad it's been helpful to you.

Originally posted by mikec:
    So, is there an email app that will allow me to selectively choose email messages on the Treo and have it delete it off the POP3 server? (and leave the other messages there)
    Unfortunately this thread and thus my buying guide don't give this info for most apps, so I can't give a definitive answer. All I know is that according to someone in the thread, Basejet supports it, and I've found that Eudora supports it after a fashion (just added details to the table about its options for this).
    Unfortunately this thread and thus my buying guide don't give this info for most apps, so I can't give a definitive answer. All I know is that according to someone in the thread, Basejet supports it, and I've found that Eudora supports it after a fashion (just added details to the table about its options for this).
    I just read on page 3 of the newish review of SnapperMail in the Products & Reviews section of treocentral that SnapperMail has very good support for this, allowing manual deletion of selected messages just from the handheld or just from the server or both.

I've updated the SnapperMail entry in my buying guide with this and other info from the review.
    [B]Originally posted by dspinelli:
    No problem Dave. While I put the guide together for my own benefit as much as anyone else's, I'm nonetheless a bit surprised you're the first one to comment on it in the two weeks since I posted the URL. In any case, glad it's been helpful to you.
    First saw it today, and also found it very useful. Thanks for putting the time & effort into it.
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast