Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    i use Eudora for my personal email account because it's ATTBI and it requires SSL support -- only game in town for ATTBI is Eudora, I have tried them all.

For my Exchange/corporate email I use Sprint PCS BizConnection, but am evaluating the new basejet beta for this because biz connection UI is poor at best.

For Hotmail, I have turned on "alerts" under the MSN Alerts page and I get alerts of new Hotmail messages and for breaking news from MSNBC

It would be nice if one app could do all three, but my most critical need is corporate email. The others are secondary.
    mhorts
    Originally posted by mhorts
    i use Eudora for my personal email account because it's ATTBI and it requires SSL support -- only game in town for ATTBI is Eudora, I have tried them all.

For my Exchange/corporate email I use Sprint PCS BizConnection, but am evaluating the new basejet beta for this because biz connection UI is poor at best.

For Hotmail, I have turned on "alerts" under the MSN Alerts page and I get alerts of new Hotmail messages and for breaking news from MSNBC

It would be nice if one app could do all three, but my most critical need is corporate email. The others are secondary.
    I've been using TreoMail very successfully with ATTBI and have also used Eudora in the past but I like the fact that TreoMail sends me new mail alerts.

Have you tried Snappermail? I figured I would give it a go and it looks very promising however I cannot get it to fetch my ATTBI mail. I set it up with the alternate port settings that I used with Eudora and with Treomail but it's a no go!

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Greg
    GoodBye Snappermail!!
    Just got my answer from the yahoo snappermail support forum:
    Snappermail does not support SSL authentication....
    Bummer! I would have prefered this one of all of them..
    Oh well, let's see what Basejet has to offer.

Greg
    What e-mail client supports SSL?
    <b>The difficult is easy, the impossible takes time.</b>
    Someone already asked this on here, but no one answered: Which programs will check hotmail/MSN mail?
    Originally posted by hbsr17
    What e-mail client supports SSL?
    AT&T Broadband does if I want to check my email away from my broadband connection.
    Ok, but, what about the Treo app? It looks like a bunch of us need something to access SSL with on our Treo.
    <b>The difficult is easy, the impossible takes time.</b>
    I'm not sure that I follow your post?
    may I suggest that you start a new thread entitled "Is there a Palm email client (that works with the Treo) that supports SSL?"
    another happy treo <b>600</b> user.
    I took your suggestion!
    Originally posted by Llynx

To answer this: When you select "Junk" you delete the mail item automatically from BOTH the handheld and the server.

Thanks for the pointer, Llynx.
    <!-- sig -->
    <div>
    <font color="blue"><font size="1"><b>&quot;A Decade Ago, Simply Palm. Now, its a Palm for All.&quot;</b></font></font><br />
    <a href="http://www.phlog.net/user/thimbuktu" target="_blank"><b>Thimbuktu Phlog</a> </font></a>
    </div>
    <!-- / sig -->
    Originally posted by hbsr17
    Ok, but, what about the Treo app? It looks like a bunch of us need something to access SSL with on our Treo.
    What is SSL?
    Miles, you have to get out more from behind that instrument.
    SSL, secure socket layer.
    Originally posted by MobileDave
    Miles, you have to get out more from behind that instrument.
    SSL, secure socket layer.
    HA! Okay so what does that mean exactly? And what kind of mail uses it? I think I may try electric pocket's Mailer today, maybe that will work with hotmail....
    I think you can use Outlook Express to access your Hotmail account. Then use Basejet to wirelessly sync to it. I don't know about using the full version of Outlook to access Hotmail. Anyone know the answer to this?
    Originally posted by Dunc
    You know what they say, you can't please all of the people all of the time. I love Snappermail, I just put the latest public beta on this morning. But now that I've read what you posted, I'm concerned.
    Dunc
    I agree to that 100% .....partly becos I've already paid for SnapperMail and did not want to let it go to waste. Its kinda like being committed to a gal I love and still looking around for a better one after someone pointed out the freckles on her face, etc

If I abandon my current gal, will not the next gal I choose with smooth and radiant complexion now also become old with wrinkles on her face as she ages?

I just accept my gal's freckles and love her for what she is...warps and all. She could still improve her inner non-physical beauties and virtues. That's what SnapperMail future enhancement should provide.

Didn't some wise sage said that "The other guy's gal always appear to be better than your own"...in looks maybe, but not necessary in matters of the heart. So go on, just love what you already have. Cos there's no end to the wild goose chase for whatever ppl say is the best. To each his own choice, to each his own love.

(No offence intended to anyone. I'm just trying to justify and get consolation from my purchase decision and sticking to it else I'll become a victim of competitive commercialization)
    <!-- sig -->
    <div>
    <font color="blue"><font size="1"><b>&quot;A Decade Ago, Simply Palm. Now, its a Palm for All.&quot;</b></font></font><br />
    <a href="http://www.phlog.net/user/thimbuktu" target="_blank"><b>Thimbuktu Phlog</a> </font></a>
    </div>
    <!-- / sig -->
    this was an informative thread. Perhaps some of the educated inhabitants fo this thread could comment on whether Treo Mail's 1.5 update makes it more competitive with the email programs that you prefered previously?
    Originally posted by tuance
    I think you can use Outlook Express to access your Hotmail account. Then use Basejet to wirelessly sync to it. I don't know about using the full version of Outlook to access Hotmail. Anyone know the answer to this?
    Hotmail lets you set it up in outlook express, but it will go thru with the checking... It says it is unable to do so...
    Does anyone know if TreoMail 1.5 will support more than one pop mail account?
    Originally posted by Smartphone Fan
    Does anyone know if TreoMail 1.5 will support more than one pop mail account?
    I'm pretty sure that it does not.

Josh
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast