Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 297
  1. mgauss's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    #61  
    at dataviz.com
  2. #62  
    Originally posted by finadvsr
    Snappermail seems to have it all...unlimited size, attachments, .zip files, .jpg handler...etc.

    Just rec'd the Beta.
    I've just installed the SnapperMail Beta. Looks good, but should I purchase it at the discount rate of US$31 or wait for the full release version? Thanks for your advice.
    <!-- sig -->
    <div>
    <font color="blue"><font size="1"><b>&quot;A Decade Ago, Simply Palm. Now, its a Palm for All.&quot;</b></font></font><br />
    <a href="http://www.phlog.net/user/thimbuktu" target="_blank"><b>Thimbuktu Phlog</a> </font></a>
    </div>
    <!-- / sig -->
  3. #63  
    Originally posted by Timbuktu


    I've just installed the SnapperMail Beta. Looks good, but should I purchase it at the discount rate of US$31 or wait for the full release version? Thanks for your advice.
    Not sure what you mean by this. The $31 price now entitiles you to the "full" released version when it comes out. At that time, the price will increase. The developer is "rewarding" you for purchasing now by lowering the price. There shouldn't be any additional cost to anyone who purchases now.

    They have a lifetime update package which gets you updates for free when they do decide to charge for major updates. The price is higher now, but could pay for itself down the road. That's the package I went with.


    --- bry
  4. #64  
    Thanks Bryan.

    I've registered SnapperMail online for the US$31 version.
    The About SnapperMail now shows that it is Version v1.2.2b
    Expires: 1 Jan 2003 and the notice "You will receive information about your free upgrade by email well before this date".

    I kinda like the graphic display of the connection and message download speed.

    However, I don't find the option to move an active message to a configurable folder which was what I found useful in OneTouch!
    Did I miss something for this option in SnapperMail

    Appreciate if you could let me know I can save downloaded message to the filed folder.

    Thanks in advance
    <!-- sig -->
    <div>
    <font color="blue"><font size="1"><b>&quot;A Decade Ago, Simply Palm. Now, its a Palm for All.&quot;</b></font></font><br />
    <a href="http://www.phlog.net/user/thimbuktu" target="_blank"><b>Thimbuktu Phlog</a> </font></a>
    </div>
    <!-- / sig -->
  5. #65  
    Junk functionality - It's in the menu under "/J", it works inside a message as well as in the main message list view.

    You can move messages between folders by selecting your messages and tap and holding - this will pop up a box that lets you move the messages to another folder as one of the options.

    -W
    Will Lau


    www.snappermail.com

    A Killer Email Client for Palm OS Smartphones, now available...
  6. #66  
    Originally posted by tedc
    For Palm Eudora users on the Treo, do you find that it locks in All CAPS when writing emails (at the beginning of the message, and after each period)? This has happened to me on a T180 and T300. I found it annoying and unacceptable and moved on to try other email programs.
    There's a hack... "NOCAPS" I think it is called, that will solve this problem on Eudora or any other program.
  7. hlazar's Avatar
    Posts
    284 Posts
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    #67  
    eudora has something that none of the other e-mail programs, including snapper has yet. the ability to react to a url. if snappermail would allow blazer to act when a url is selected, they' d have my money.
  8. #68  
    Originally posted by snapperfish
    Junk functionality - It's in the menu under "/J", it works inside a message as well as in the main message list view.

    You can move messages between folders by selecting your messages and tap and holding - this will pop up a box that lets you move the messages to another folder as one of the options.

    -W
    Hi Mate!

    Thank you very much indeed. I've found this "hidden" feature which the unregistered version did not have, I think.

    Its strange why we must go to junk to move message to folder. Its kinda like going to "Start" to "Shutdown" in Windows

    Moreover, whats the difference btwn Trash and Junk; or garbage bin, whatever! Cos clicking Junk will also throw the message into Trash. Appears too complicated to my simple mind.

    I still like OneTouch's straightforward naming convention where I throw stuff to trash or move to whatever folder I want. Snappermail should also allow users to customise folder with a new name, not just the default "Filed" folder. Don't you agree?

    Notwithstanding these nitty gritty enhancements which could be included in future releases, I still give both my thumbs up to SnapperMail for developing a great email apps for the Treo!

    Cheers and thanks to all the wonderful people at SnapperMail.
    Please keep up the good work and keep improving on features which grumpy users like me will feedback to you. User-friendliness is the competitive edge these days.

    Warm regards!
    <!-- sig -->
    <div>
    <font color="blue"><font size="1"><b>&quot;A Decade Ago, Simply Palm. Now, its a Palm for All.&quot;</b></font></font><br />
    <a href="http://www.phlog.net/user/thimbuktu" target="_blank"><b>Thimbuktu Phlog</a> </font></a>
    </div>
    <!-- / sig -->
  9. #69  
    Originally posted by hlazar
    eudora has something that none of the other e-mail programs, including snapper has yet. the ability to react to a url. if snappermail would allow blazer to act when a url is selected, they' d have my money.
    Basejet does this: it searches on your device to detect Blazer, Eudora Web, or Avantgo and launches the URL accordingly. It also has the ability to detect phone number and dial when tapped on - and to compose a message on detected email addresses. They just released a new version today that has tons of enhancements that include on-device polling, stay connected, change device sync port (for treo 300 users, yeah!), jog support, treo keyboard support, quick inserts of name, phone, address, email, date, html tags, web text, and smileys! I think this is a first for palm email clients, graphical smileys. Also, auto completion/lookup of emails when typing on the To:, CC:, or BCC: fields. Take a look at their website at http://www.basejet.com.

    One of the great features I like about Basejet is that it securely transfers your email using Triple-DES throughout their entire system - so I don't have to worry about someone sniffing my coporate email.

    Also, all of their attachment viewers are built-in, so you don't have to re-route your attachments to a third-party to have them converted. They are converted for you and you can read them right away. They've now included graphic attachments that support .gif,.jpg,.jpeg,.tif,.tiff,.bmp,.png,.pcx and the ability to add a contact directly to your address book from email (it detects the email address and name and even if a phone number exists - and then puts the first 4k of the email in the notes field).

    There are lots more. I've been using Basejet since they started with their first release and they've been very innovative with all of their features. I think they were the first to have multiple line display on a palm email client.

    tuance
    (just a happy user
  10. chillg8r's Avatar
    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #70  
    I doesn't look like you can view an excel spreadsheet attachment on BaseJet. Unfortunately that disqualifies it for me.
  11. #71  
    Originally posted by Timbuktu


    Hi Mate!

    Thank you very much indeed. I've found this "hidden" feature which the unregistered version did not have, I think.

    Its strange why we must go to junk to move message to folder. Its kinda like going to "Start" to "Shutdown" in Windows

    Moreover, whats the difference btwn Trash and Junk; or garbage bin, whatever! Cos clicking Junk will also throw the message into Trash. Appears too complicated to my simple mind.

    I still like OneTouch's straightforward naming convention where I throw stuff to trash or move to whatever folder I want. Snappermail should also allow users to customise folder with a new name, not just the default "Filed" folder. Don't you agree?

    Notwithstanding these nitty gritty enhancements which could be included in future releases, I still give both my thumbs up to SnapperMail for developing a great email apps for the Treo!

    Cheers and thanks to all the wonderful people at SnapperMail.
    Please keep up the good work and keep improving on features which grumpy users like me will feedback to you. User-friendliness is the competitive edge these days.

    Warm regards!
    To answer this: When you select "Junk" you delete the mail item automatically from BOTH the handheld and the server.

  12. #72  
    Sprint Business Connection, while it's a little slow - it just works.
  13. #73  
    new basejet beta is out this morning, with new support for Treo devices and some other cool features... www.basejet.com
    mhorts
  14. #74  
    Looks promising, but no jpeg attachment capability as far as I can see. Gopherking and Snappermail are far superior, IMO.

    Craig
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
  15. #75  
    Originally posted by csherman
    Looks promising, but no jpeg attachment capability as far as I can see. Gopherking and Snappermail are far superior, IMO.

    Craig
    Basejet not only supports jpeg, but also .gif, .tif, .bmp, .png, .pcx graphic formats.

    I don't like Snappermail because if I wanted to read a word document, I have to send it to a third party conversion company and then have it sent back, meaning I have to receive the message twice just to read a word attachment or pdf attachments. Basejet has viewers built in. And 99% of the time all I want to do is read the text from the word document or pdf. I have never had to edit it.

    Also, I don't like Snppermail or GopherKing because they transmit everyting clear text over wireless - Basejet has Triple-DES encryption built into their palm client, Launcher, and Transporter.

    Another thing Basejet is far superior over Snappermail or GolpherKing is support for corporate users using Outlook/Exchange or Notes/Domino.

    Basejet has so much over these guys, I don't know why'd you use anything else, expect recieving multi-megabytes of attachments that has to be sent twice to read?

    IMHO Snappermail & GolpherKing is far sub-par. Step up to bat guys, because Basejet just hit a home run.
  16. #76  
    Originally posted by Timbuktu


    Its strange why we must go to junk to move message to folder. Its kinda like going to "Start" to "Shutdown" in Windows

    Moreover, whats the difference btwn Trash and Junk; or garbage bin, whatever! Cos clicking Junk will also throw the message into Trash. Appears too complicated to my simple mind.

    Junk marks the message for deletion off the server and gets rid of the message from your Treo in one action.

    By default it goes into the Trash, which then needs to be emptied. You can go into the preferences and tell it to delete it immediately on your Treo (and bypass the trash) if you want.

    -W
    Will Lau


    www.snappermail.com

    A Killer Email Client for Palm OS Smartphones, now available...
  17. #77  
    I would love to step up to the bat ... but I STILL can't get Basejet to work on my Treo 300...
  18. #78  
    Originally posted by Llynx
    I would love to step up to the bat ... but I STILL can't get Basejet to work on my Treo 300...
    visit their site at http://www.basejet.com, they have a great support database in their products area - i just got a treo 300 and there are some details that is published there that will help you out.

    i know i had to set my device sync port to 110, which is located in options|preferences|other|advanced

    i also had to turn on the 'stay connected' option so i won't be disconnected after a wireless sync

    i know these settings work for a treo 300 on the sprintpcs vision network - now with unlimited data, i set the on-device polling to check mail every 15 mins. i might have to change that to every 30 minutes because of battery drain. you can set the days, hours, and minutes you want your device to poll. too bad they have not fixed the sms trigger poll on treo 300's. i think sms trigger sync works on other devices - i had a kyocera 6035 before the treo 300 and the sms trigger sync worked on that device.
  19. #79  
    How funny ... the only feature that I can get to work in Basejet *is* the SMS message alert. But when I try to do a wireless sync I get a fatal alert and have to reset. I have all my settings correct. I already posted my issue in the Basejet support website and they suggested that it might be a problem with my preferences. I deleted the program off my desktop as well as my Treo and will try to reload it and see if that works. If not then I am stumped...

  20. hlazar's Avatar
    Posts
    284 Posts
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    #80  
    I have 2 pop3 accounts that I check and basejet can only be set to one of them. Maybe when it comes out of beta it will handle several accounts.
    Henry L lazarus hlazar@netaxs.com
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/god.html
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions