Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by Intysoft
    How do you get the beep????
    It's in the prefrences....
    Originally posted by mblank
    I gave up Eudora for the same reason (i.e. Caps lock)
    Using Eudors was hell due to that issue. I heard that they stopped development on that email client.
    Its in the prefs?

I only see general and its not there,
    help please I need the beeps
    Thanks,
    intysf@cs.com
    TreoCentral.com
    Product Page Editor
    Originally posted by Intysoft
    Its in the prefs?

I only see general and its not there,
    help please I need the beeps
    Sorry, it's one of the settings in the periodic checking preferences.
    I couldn't find the setting for the beep in the periodic checking preferences. I click on the box to get periodic checking but nothing else. I also can't get Mark/Space to access my outgoing e-mail server.
    Darren Greenspoon
    www.allstarsportscamp.ca
    Originally posted by dgreensp
    I couldn't find the setting for the beep in the periodic checking preferences. I click on the box to get periodic checking but nothing else. I also can't get Mark/Space to access my outgoing e-mail server.
    Which release are you using ? I'm using the one at http://www.markspace.com/testing/ . I have no prob accessing my outgoing server. Are you managing your own server ? WHere are you hosting ?
    They have two different versions on their website - I think I have now downloaded the latest version from July 2002. I will try it out and let you know if I can get my outgoing mail to work.

Thank you
    Darren Greenspoon
    www.allstarsportscamp.ca
    Originally posted by KKenna
    The app that shows the most promise is BaseJet (www.basejet.com). The programmers are working on a problem with Sprint's transparent proxy but should have a Treo 300 compatible app out shortly. This is by far the most secure and usable app I've seen. As a former Blackberry user, it's the most logical choice.
    Basejet has released a fix http://www2.basejet.com/support.nsf/...d?OpenDocument for this problem. Basically on the device side, you have to tell it to use port 110 rather than port 80 for connecting to the sync server.

What's funny is that I suggested they use a port other than 80 a week ago, and they said they couldn't do that...
    I liked the auto download feature of Markspace, but the first time I had a phone call interrupted by Markspace attempting to download mail I dumped it, and went back to Eurdora at least for now.

I emailed Markspace support on Wednesday about this with no response yet. Anyone else found a way to deal with this issue?
    I am also waiting for a response from Markspace about not being able to send e-mail. I can retrieve no problem, but I cannot send. I like the ability to check for messages every 30 minutes or so and I like that it will sound the alarm if messages are found, but I have yet to experience it dropping my call because it is checking - if that is the case - then the program is no good for me. I think I may just have to bite the bullet and use TreoMail. I also find it very frustrating that Markspace does not respond to its technical support questions.
    Darren Greenspoon
    www.allstarsportscamp.ca
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Of all the email programs I've looked at this one is the best by far- and I have looked at a lot of them over the past 2 weeks.

But it has a weird bug on my Treo 270, if I select auto check for mail and change the amount of time (from the default setting) between checks it enters and endless loop of check and rechecking and rechecking and rechecking (you get the idea) my mail. I have to do a soft reset to make it stop.

If I change the M/S Mail settings to disconnect after retreveing mail it works perfectly - but when I use blazer inbetween email checks I have to connect to the network (a small pain) rather than have it on all the time-

I contacted M/S mail tech support about this problem 3 days ago and still no word....
    Originally posted by dgreensp
    I am also waiting for a response from Markspace about not being able to send e-mail. I can retrieve no problem, but I cannot send. I like the ability to check for messages every 30 minutes or so and I like that it will sound the alarm if messages are found, but I have yet to experience it dropping my call because it is checking - if that is the case - then the program is no good for me. I think I may just have to bite the bullet and use TreoMail. I also find it very frustrating that Markspace does not respond to its technical support questions.
    What is the outgoing server you're using to send your email ?
  13. Puk
    Do any of these clients support IMAP(4) with SSL? I saw PaPi-Mail does, but you need to register to use SSL, and I don't want to register without having tried it (both mail servers I use _require_ SSL, so I can't even try it out on a different server ).

Thanks.

-Puk
    I use the outgoing mail server for my e-mail/internet account - the same one I use when I check e-mail on Outlook. The setup works no problem on Eudora - doesn't work though on Markspace.
    Darren Greenspoon
    www.allstarsportscamp.ca
    Just an update for those of you guys that have tried the SnapperMail beta...

We'll be releasing beta v1.1 this coming week which will support SMTP AUTH and the Treo sig strength indicator. Plus a few other things.

Waking up and auto fetching every x minutes will be completed before the end of the beta phase.

BTW - I've had my Treo 2 months now. Love it!

-W
    Last edited by snapperfish; 09/29/2002 at 06:33 AM.
    Will Lau

www.snappermail.com

A Killer Email Client for Palm OS Smartphones, now available...
    Web site says in development. The world still needs a better imap4 / Palm client.
    I think the problem with the "Best E-mail Program" concept is that it seems there are many different things people want their E-mail app to do for them.

I want a bare-bones app that can check on regular intervals, apply filters before downloading mail, and supports downloading only the message to/from/title headers unless I ask for more. Right now I only use it to read and send email in a pinch and send SMSs. I have no desire for this to be my primary e-mail device.

I see lots of other people clamoring for the ability to view attachments, launch URLs in their browser of choice, etc, etc. I'm sure they have good reasons for all this, but those features are lost on me and just create a more complicated program.
    another happy treo <b>600</b> user.
    Here is my list of needs...
    Imap
    Retreive at scheduled intervals
    alert sound,
    not much to ask for is it, oh yeah, work consistantly
    Thanks,
    intysf@cs.com
    TreoCentral.com
    Product Page Editor
    After thinking about it more, I also want:
    • ability to check mail by pressing down the hard button
    • full jog dial support and onscreen buttons for commands that can be activated by the jog dial

Now that's really it
    another happy treo <b>600</b> user.
    Originally posted by alex_t_king
    After thinking about it more, I also want:
    • ability to check mail by pressing down the hard button
    • full jog dial support and onscreen buttons for commands that can be activated by the jog dial

Now that's really it
    We just release SnapperMail v1.1.2b which has these 2 points covered

-W
    Will Lau

www.snappermail.com

A Killer Email Client for Palm OS Smartphones, now available...
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast