1.    #1  
    For your information...

About three weeks ago I bought thru Handango iDial from Proxyminds (www.proxyminds.com).
    It is a clever little apps that allows you to dial a number from almost any application such as SMS or Pad.

Love it!

But there is a problem that I want to share with you:

I paid for the license thru handango after trying the apps for about two or three days.

All went fine and I received an Email from handango to inform me that Proxyminds will shortly send me my Registration Number.

A week later, no news from Proxyminds.
    I sent a message to both Handango and Proyminds.
    Handango contacted the developer asking them to send me the Registration Code that I paid for.
    A week later still no answer.

Don't give your money to those guys!
    There are other good apps around!
  2.    #2  
    To complete this information

I tried Mark n' Dial apps (competitor of iDial - find them at www.pdaapps.com).
    It does the job well.

I bought the license from Handango and got my Registration Code within minutes.
    Makes all the difference in the world!
  3.    #3  
    So many weeks later, still not one word from proxyminds about refunding for iDial or providing the paid license.

By the way, since I asked for a refund, Handango does not respond anymore!

What do you call that again?...
    You used your CC didn't you? Call them and dispute the charge. They can't just charge you and and not send you the license to use the product.
    t2
    Dennis,

Please keep us posted on this, and good luck.

Craig
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
  6.    #6  
    I disuted the charge.
    But that's not the problem.

What I'm complaining about isn't the charge (which is close to nothing), but the fact that Proxyminds makes believe they are a reputable company and take our money without providing the service they advertise.

This is what gives on-line shopping a bad reputation.

What's more, I don't like Handango behavior:
    As long as I was complaining to them without asking for any refund, they were on my side, exchanging Emails almost every other day.
    From the time I asked for a refund, they desappeared.
    Not even an Email of acknowledgment!

What does it say about Handango and its REAL customer care?
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Why not try PalmGear instead? They've been responsive when I needed to contact them about charges.
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by procure
    Why not try PalmGear instead? They've been responsive when I needed to contact them about charges.
    You are right!
    I think I will bring my business elsewhere...
    I have always used and purchased through Palmgear and have no complaints. I don't even like Handango's site, so I can't relate there.

What I can add is that idial also does not allow you to get phone numbers from apps like Eudora. Mark 'n Dial does, but I don't like the key combinations you have to use to get it to work. So I am still looking for something to provide this functionality.
  10.    #10  
    Originally posted by JoeTampa
    What I can add is that idial also does not allow you to get phone numbers from apps like Eudora. Mark 'n Dial does, but I don't like the key combinations you have to use to get it to work. So I am still looking for something to provide this functionality.
    I don't like the key combinations either (Markn'Dial and iDial are similar on that issue), but I hardly see how else you could have it done.

Nevertheless, you should be able to define your key combinations yourself.