Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #2  
    do you know what the version # it is?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  2.    #3  
    v1.0.0.b

    Like it, but it doesn't give the possibility to check mail regulary, and to inform when new mail has arrived. (I use GPRS)
  3. #4  
    Snappermail doesn't appear to wirelessly read my Outlook mail on my desktop like basejet, right? Their web site doesn't say anything about Outlook. Is it just a POP3 email client? Nice interface, though.

    Don
  4. #5  
    don, right it is just a pop client.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  5. #6  
    Just don't forget it's a beta version !!!
  6. #7  
    can someone tell me if it supports a smtp authentication??
  7. #8  
    It seems I was on their notification list because I got an email with the subject 'SnapperMail Donwload Instructions'. Unfortunately, it doesn't really tell how to download. It says that SnapperMail is still beta and unsupported and where to send bugs and how to join the forum on Yahoo!Groups. No link to their site or to a download page. But a notice that I can buy the beta for a discounted price. Well, I'm not going to buy the beta to find out in the first ten minutes that it sux.

    Anybody got an idea what's up? How did you get your copy?

    mfg,
    anderas
    treopolis -the German treo site

    Now in beta testing: treopolis 2.0
  8. #9  
    Had no troubles getting it yesterday. I went to:

    http://www.snappermail.com/palm/email/download.cfm

    filled in the information and had them resend the download instructions. Received the instructions about 10 minutes later and then downloaded the zip file. BTW, program seems to work very well. I particularly like the "finger" mode as I find it easier to use a finger with one hand rather than the stylus with 2.
  9. #10  
    hm, I did that, too, but havn't gotten any instructions, yet. Oh well, I'll try it again and if nothing happens then I guess it was just not meant to be ... ;)

    andreas
  10. #11  
    I just installed it, and it looks like a nice app. My only wish, so far, is that the evaluation version supported more then one mailbox. I especially like the finger / sytlus modes! I also like that when it's finished downloading or sending mail it doesn't leave an active data connection up like some email clients.

    Dunc
  11. #12  
    If you registered to be notified of the beta go to www.snappermail.com/download/ and enter your email address in there.

    Otherwise this link should send you out another email with instructions:
    http://www.snappermail.com/palm/email/download.cfm

    BTW - there was a big button for you to click in that original email. That linked you right into the download file.

    -W


    Originally posted by treopolis
    hm, I did that, too, but havn't gotten any instructions, yet. Oh well, I'll try it again and if nothing happens then I guess it was just not meant to be ...

    andreas
    Will Lau


    www.snappermail.com

    A Killer Email Client for Palm OS Smartphones, now available...
  12. #13  
    Well, I still like the app a lot (fwiw) but I do have a complaint / wish now that I've been using it most of the day.

    I'd really like it if the jog dial would let you scroll through your email list... Or for that matter, if the up and down (center) buttons would let you scroll through the list. If I had to choose though - I'd pick jog dial.

    Dunc
  13. #14  
    Whoops. One more, major, issue. You should be able to configure it to logon and receive mail before sending - that's becoming pretty much the norm these days, but this doesn't appear to do it.

    Dunc
  14. #15  
    Originally posted by snapperfish
    BTW - there was a big button for you to click in that original email. That linked you right into the download file.
    [/B]
    ok, I begin to understand where the problem is. Did you send a HTML email? Or anything with pictures in it? I configured my Eudora to ignore pictures since some spammers use them to verify that an email address is valid. Where the button was supposed to be there is just a big empty space in my version of the email. That's certainly due to Eudora.

    Just for the heck of it I tried clicking into that white empty space and indeed the download link was activated. Now I've got it on my PC ready for installation.

    Thanx for the hint. Maybe you might want to consider sending out emails in the future that don't include special features...

    best regards,
    andreas g. nie
    Last edited by treopolis; 09/25/2002 at 06:41 AM.
    treopolis -the German treo site

    Now in beta testing: treopolis 2.0
  15. #16  
    Originally posted by Dunc
    Whoops. One more, major, issue. You should be able to configure it to logon and receive mail before sending - that's becoming pretty much the norm these days, but this doesn't appear to do it.

    Dunc
    Is this so you can send mail with SMTP accounts that require POP before SMTP? We decided that most people really want to send before they fetch, and we added POP before send and an authorization scheme so it automatically POPs the account with a login, exits, and then tries the SMTP.

    -W
    Will Lau


    www.snappermail.com

    A Killer Email Client for Palm OS Smartphones, now available...
  16. #17  
    Yes, I'm looking for POP authentication. I had created an Email message and tried to send it, and I hadn't checked mail on the account all day. I tried repeatedly to send it, no dice. Looked for a setting for POP auth and couldn't find it. Did a fetch, got a message, then I could send the message. I'd like to be able to set it up so that it would handle that automatically for me.

    Other then what I've mentioned I think it's a great app. What about IMAP though? I might be headed down that road, so I'd had hate to fall in love with an app only to find that I can't continue to use it.


    Dunc
  17. #18  
    Dunc,

    Go into your account settings. Under "Server" you can hit the "More..." button. Check the box that says POP before Send.

    In future we'll make SM automatically try popping each one of your accounts until it figures out a SMTP setting that works. Then it'll remember that for next time. (Auto configuring)

    IMAP beta is slated for Q1 2003. It will be a major upgrade (ie. it won't be free unless you buy the version with lifetime upgrades)

    -W


    Originally posted by Dunc
    Yes, I'm looking for POP authentication. I had created an Email message and tried to send it, and I hadn't checked mail on the account all day. I tried repeatedly to send it, no dice. Looked for a setting for POP auth and couldn't find it. Did a fetch, got a message, then I could send the message. I'd like to be able to set it up so that it would handle that automatically for me.

    Other then what I've mentioned I think it's a great app. What about IMAP though? I might be headed down that road, so I'd had hate to fall in love with an app only to find that I can't continue to use it.


    Dunc
    Will Lau


    www.snappermail.com

    A Killer Email Client for Palm OS Smartphones, now available...
  18. #19  
    Excellent! Sorry I missed that. Also, I see that you can change ports - somebody, in another thread, was asking about that.

    Dunc

Posting Permissions