Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Treo300SMS which allows mobile originated SMS (MO-SMS) and email via SMS is now available at our website:

http://treo.pdaapps.com/

Enjoy!

PDAapps Team
    let me be the first to say ....... THANK YOU!

One thing.. I cant seem to figure out how to use the "Address by Last Name Lookup" can anyone help me out?
    Originally posted by briguy33
    let me be the first to say ....... THANK YOU!

One thing.. I cant seem to figure out how to use the "Address by Last Name Lookup" can anyone help me out?

Select the "Address by Last Name". Then type something into the
    To: field. Then change to the message field using the stylus. At this point, your address book will popup.

Spiderman
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I've looked around your web site and can't find the price. It says try for free and that the product will stop working in 5 days and I'll have to buy a license key - but nowhere could I find how much I'd have to pay or how?

Also, since this app is dependant on your server as a proxy, I'm VERY hesitant to purchase it without more information as you may not be able to maintain the proxy server or guarentee uptime for a variety of reasons no matter how good your intentions.

Looks like a good start to me and I hope to be a happy paying customer, but I need to know more before I take the plunge here.

--Alex
    another happy treo <b>600</b> user.
    I forgot i changed my lookup to go by first name.. so i have to type part of the "first name" not "last name"
    I downloaded the trial, and I sent my first test. I'm pretty excited... It is midnight so I don't know if my friends will reply :0

By the way, the faq on their website indicates that if I send it directly to their address instead of through the sprint gateway it will be faster. Can someone list all the carriers extensions i.e. #######@messaging.sprintpcs.com

What is AT&T, Cingular, Verizon, Voicestream (T-Mobile), Nextel, etc...

Thanks. By the way, how much is this going to cost?
    Well,

I downloaded the App, authenticated it just fine all is well. Opened up the handspring SMS client and see no difference and no way to originate a message. I enabled the pdaapps treo300 client and did the soft reset as required yet nothing new or no way to send it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Pete
    Well I downloaded it and it looks fantastic....but I sent to both my regular email, my Sprint phone and a Verizon phone over an hour ago and none have received a message yet.

If it says, when I register the first time, that I am authenticated should it be working?

P.S. For the last message...you use your regular SMS icon not the PDAapps icon once you enable it.
    But I don't have it working so maybe I am doing something wrong.
    I tried configuring this SW, and could not authenticate. In reading PDAapps' online support info, they state:

"Note that this process will succeed only if the Sprint PCS manage site is accessible and you can login to it at this time. The most common problem during authentication is that the Sprint PCS manage site is down for maintainance".

Well, guess what? Sprint's site is DOWN at this time -- at least I couldn't login.

I'd love to be able to depend on this SW but, to have to pay to piggy-back on Sprint's slap-dash network??? Not me!
    Well it was able to authenticate, it told me I was authenticated and that I should restart so I think I did everything right.

When I used the SMS icon I was able to create a new message and send, which it appeared I was doing. But none of the places got any of the messages, and it is now 2 hours later. (??)

I am very excited about this and would love it work, but did I do something wrong?
    The online documentation for Treo300SMS provides the best clue as to your problems:

"The PDAapps SMS proxy system depends on the Sprint PCS text messaging web site to send your shortmail messages to your phone as text messages. If you are unable to access this website for any reason (e.g. it is down for maintainance), you will not be able to receive your SMS messages. "

As far as I can tell, the Sprint site is down this AM.
    Sprint s**ks
    Is SMS like a two-way pager? I don't get it.
    I get the linemgr.c error, or whatever it is!!! I was able to install the app and authenticate it, but after it does the soft reset, I get the error!! Anybody else get that? I've tried the various methods to get around it (soft reset while pushing rocker up) but nothing works. I just did the hard reset and am restoring without the mo-sms app.
    Originally posted by pc132
    I get the linemgr.c error, or whatever it is!!! I was able to install the app and authenticate it, but after it does the soft reset, I get the error!! Anybody else get that? I've tried the various methods to get around it (soft reset while pushing rocker up) but nothing works. I just did the hard reset and am restoring without the mo-sms app.
    I think there may be a conflict between ringo and Treo300SMS, like there is conflict between ringo and two dozen other apps.

Spiderman
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    pc132 - i got that error message twice yesterday (i have not installed this software yet) - but they both occurred when the battery was low and I was trying to access the wireless programs. I thought initially some of my PQA's were causing the problem, but I have no idea - so I too had to do the hard reset. Any thoughts on this problem by anyone would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

josh
    I had full two-way SMS with Verizon and my 6035 before, and since I got the Treo, I've been waiting and waiting. My question with this app is - it's still limited by PCS' clunky short-mail gateway, right? Meaning, since they haven't implemented, as far as I know, inter-carrier SMS the way the rest of the world seems to, when I SEND an SMS via this cool new app, the recipient can't reply and have it arrive at my phone as a new SMS (I've been testing with my 6035 - still active - and so far, no go). Also - other people can't SEND to my cell number (only - not the e-mail gateway thing - <number@messaging.pcs.com - ) and have the message arrive to me?

I sent an SMS to my Verizon phone (it got there, great!), but the reply from that phone didn't, yet, go to my Treo, and sending from the Verizon to my cell number hasn't arrived, yet (about an hour later). So - I'm thinking the functionality with this app is kinda hampered by Sprint PCS.
    Others ring in with confirmation.
  18.    #18  
    Originally posted by nrosser
    I had full two-way SMS with Verizon and my 6035 before, and since I got the Treo, I've been waiting and waiting. My question with this app is - it's still limited by PCS' clunky short-mail gateway, right? Meaning, since they haven't implemented, as far as I know, inter-carrier SMS the way the rest of the world seems to, when I SEND an SMS via this cool new app, the recipient can't reply and have it arrive at my phone as a new SMS (I've been testing with my 6035 - still active - and so far, no go). Also - other people can't SEND to my cell number (only - not the e-mail gateway thing - <number@messaging.pcs.com - ) and have the message arrive to me?

I sent an SMS to my Verizon phone (it got there, great!), but the reply from that phone didn't, yet, go to my Treo, and sending from the Verizon to my cell number hasn't arrived, yet (about an hour later). So - I'm thinking the functionality with this app is kinda hampered by Sprint PCS.
    Others ring in with confirmation.

Sending SMS messages to mobile phones of carriers other than Sprint PCS from your Treo 300 can sometimes suffer large delays. Likewise, messages sent from mobile phones of other carriers to your phone may suffer similarly large delays. These delays occur at Sprint PCS's SMS gateways, and PDAapps can do nothing about them. In our testing we have seen delays ranging from a few minutes to 13 hours for messages sent between Sprint PCS and AT&T (and Sprint PCS and Cingular).

One workaround that we have used to get around these delays is to use Email via SMS to send messages to phones of other carriers. This requires you to know the email addresses of the mobile phones you wish to send messages to. Sending Email via SMS allows the PDAapps proxy to bypass the Sprint PCS short mail servers (which is where the delays are). If your SMS buddy simply replies to your message (which is labelled as coming from [your phone number]@messaging.sprintpcs.com), this reply will also get to you quickly as it avoids the Sprint PCS short mail gateway.

PDAapps
    (getting tiresome here, and I'm sorry)

OK, so my FINAL question is can non-Sprint PCS people SEND to me simply via my cell number, rather than the short mail gateway? (that's what I did with Verizon, and it was great, and simple for others). I just don't know if the PDAApps proxy converts the cell number (by itself) to the short mail gateway nomenclature.

I'd like my son (an AT&T Wirls customer) to be able to send to me just via cell number. He could before, with Verizon, and their 2-way MOSMS. Just curious about that. (he's in school now or I'd be testing, believe me, and spare everyone from this minutia)..

Thanks, PDAApps!!
  20.    #20  
    Originally posted by nrosser
    (getting tiresome here, and I'm sorry)

OK, so my FINAL question is can non-Sprint PCS people SEND to me simply via my cell number, rather than the short mail gateway? (that's what I did with Verizon, and it was great, and simple for others). I just don't know if the PDAApps proxy converts the cell number (by itself) to the short mail gateway nomenclature.

I'd like my son (an AT&T Wirls customer) to be able to send to me just via cell number. He could before, with Verizon, and their 2-way MOSMS. Just curious about that. (he's in school now or I'd be testing, believe me, and spare everyone from this minutia)..

Thanks, PDAApps!!
    If your SMS buddy's phone is SMS capable, he or she can address their SMS to you using either the phone number or the number@messaging.sprintpcs.com email address. For Sprint originators, this won't make any difference. For non-sprint phones, the email addressing may get the message to you faster depending on the time of day, what part of the country you are in and the state of Sprint's network.

PDAapps
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast