Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Originally posted by elcidroyale
    I want to send a sms to a verizon phone. What's the email address (like Sprint: "phone number @messaging.sprintpcs.com). What about Cingular, ATT, etc. (all other cellular carriers?)

Thanx
    Here are email addresses for some US carriers:

Verizon: 10-digit phonenumber@vtext.com

Sprint PCS: 10-digit phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com

AT & T: 10-digit phonenumber@mobile.att.net

Cingular: 10-digit phonenumber@mobile.mycingular.com
    Some older PacBell customers are still at:
    11-digit phonenumber@pacbellpcs.net

Nextel: 10-digit phonenumber@messaging.nextel.com

T-Mobile/Voicestream: 10-digit phonenumber@tmomail.net

PDAapps
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    People try to send me SMS but I do not receive anything. Any help. I am succesful however in sending SMS to phone and e-mails.
    Originally posted by PDAapps
    Here are email addresses for some US carriers:

Verizon: 10-digit phonenumber@vtext.com
    Sprint PCS: 10-digit phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com
    AT & T: 10-digit phonenumber@mobile.att.net
    Cingular: 10-digit phonenumber@mobile.mycingular.com
    Some older PacBell customers are still at:
    11-digit phonenumber@pacbellpcs.net
    Nextel: 10-digit phonenumber@messaging.nextel.com
    T-Mobile/Voicestream: 10-digit phonenumber@tmomail.net
    So if we need to use the email format to sent these messages what is the benefit of using SMS vs. my existing email setup with Eudora?
    Originally posted by veroi
    People try to send me SMS but I do not receive anything. Any help. I am succesful however in sending SMS to phone and e-mails.
    Are return messages getting to your short mail account on Sprint's manage site? If not, then the problem is probably at Sprint's SMS gateway.

Spiderman
    i can only send an sms to an email address (number @vtext.com for verizon) not just any number & when they respond to my sms I receive it but there's no way to "respond" to it without manually composing a new message. i can do all that without this new program with my email client. so what's the point?!! or am i missing something here?
    I downloaded the app and it works great.

But like everyone else is asking Am I only going to be able to use this for 5 days then thats it or will we as the initial users be free permanently so that we can help spread the word and the later customers will be charged.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    I have people e-mail me to try SMS but the only thing I get from the message is

No Caller ID/date/time
    Subject: XXXXX

But if they wrote something in the body of the e-mail that it is not received.
    Funny, several posters have queried about the price of Treo300SMS after the 5-day "trial" but no response from PDAapps on the subject. I would think that even a post with something like, "we intend to charge a price but haven't worked it out yet" would be better than nothing. Hmmm?
    It makes me even more wary of the product although I'm sure they have the best of intentions and are appearantly working hard on new versions.

For customers to feel comfortable using a service like theirs, my experience is that every detail of how the service works, what kind of uptime, redundancy, etc. is being used should be available.
    another happy treo <b>600</b> user.
    Originally posted by pseudomass
    Funny, several posters have queried about the price of Treo300SMS after the 5-day "trial" but no response from PDAapps on the subject. I would think that even a post with something like, "we intend to charge a price but haven't worked it out yet" would be better than nothing. Hmmm?
    I forwarded your post to support@pdaapps.com and got the following reply:

"Pricing information for Treo300SMS will be posted by 5pm Pacific Time today."

Spiderman
    $19.95.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123