1.    #1  
    My Treo was running low on batteries so I turned off the phone and left alone. It still seemed to then run out and I lost all of my apps. I can now resynch to get back the data but will need to reinstall\config the apps and other changes.

I read about BackupBuddy which can restore these items and such but does anyone know the following:

1. Does BackupBuddy save ALL customizations, such as shortcut phone numbers on the initial phone screen, button preference changes, etc?
    2. I saw a bunch of OTHER backup apps for Palm that were free or cheaper than the $30 for BackupBuddy. Anyone know how they work and whether they are compatible with the Treo 300? Any suggestions?

Thanks for the advice and help.

--Smarsh
    I asked, the other day, what Backup Buddy brings to the table / offers me. And nobody responded. A few days ago I lost everything on my Treo (several times) due to a poorly performing app (TreoAlertManager if your interested). I don't use Backup Buddy, all I did was hotsync and everything was back on my Treo - apps and data. So what do I need to spend $30 for to get Backup Buddy?

Dunc
    Originally posted by Dunc
    I asked, the other day, what Backup Buddy brings to the table / offers me. And nobody responded. A few days ago I lost everything on my Treo (several times) due to a poorly performing app (TreoAlertManager if your interested). I don't use Backup Buddy, all I did was hotsync and everything was back on my Treo - apps and data. So what do I need to spend $30 for to get Backup Buddy?

Dunc
    See this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=27090
  4.    #4  
    Thanks everyone...I did a HotSync and it DID restore everything back to where last set. I then downloaded another free app fron Handango that will automatically switch the bit for all apps to backup on each synch. Between regular hotsync and this other app I think all should be saved for the Treo....Smarsh
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    See this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=27090
    Who knows, maybe I'm jinxing myself, but I still see no need for it. My hard resets have always been faithfully, and painlessly, restored with the regular hot sync. I'm using a variety of apps too, new and old, with and w/o conduits. Now perhaps it would have put me at ease when TreoAlertManager trashed my Treo - I was a nervous wreck when I started the hot sync following that crash! But other then piece of mind...

Dunc
    See my thread on trying to completely shut this device off. Can it be done?