1.    #1  
    So, the "Stretch" application has been out for quite a while. Wanted to query the masses.

The description on PalmGear is "Stretch extends the useful standby time of your Handspring Treo by letting you schedule the phone to automatically turn itself on and off..." link here
    Sounds great, eh?

There's a caveat from a user feedback on PalmGear: "It is a great practical idea, but the product will take time to mature .... the auto-on is not functioning reliably at this moment (auto-off is o.k) ..."

My questions, O Erudite TreoCentral Members: Have any of y'all installed Stretch? Does it work reliably? Could its reliability, perhaps, depend on network and/or coverage?

... and ... Why doesn't Electric Pocket list the app on their website? Did this time-saving wonderment die on the vine?

Just curious. Seems like an extremely useful app. Wanted to get yer opinions on it.
    Would TreoTools be a better product?
    I think the fact that TreoTools got released within days after Strech was released, does the exist same thing, and is free sort of killed it. Just my opinion...

(I'm still waiting for Handspring to post the developer info about the Treo 300 so that I can update TreoTools.)
    Originally posted by sgruby
    I think the fact that TreoTools got released within days after Strech was released, does the exist same thing, and is free sort of killed it. Just my opinion...
    Your completely unbiased opinion, right? ;-)
    Originally posted by sgruby

(I'm still waiting for Handspring to post the developer info about the Treo 300 so that I can update TreoTools.)
    You just made me so happy. (resisting urge to use smiley....resisting...whew, that was close). I just checked your site last night to find out about TreoTools for the Treo 300. You must get a lot of emails about it, but i left with the impression that you weren't going to bother updating it for the 300. So I was extremely pleased to see your post here. I'll just keep checking your site for the update. It really could be the most useful utility ever written for the Treo.

Thanks,
    bill dycus
    One of the aggrivating things about turning the radio on and off is that if you have the GPRS upgrade installed the default ISP switches to GPRS. It isn't a big deal to switch it back, but I wish Handspring didn't play into GPRS providers hands. :-(