1.    #1  
    I just bought the treo 300, entered all of my addresses by hand and then realized it does not work with the Mac (I have a G4.) I tried the trick of deleting the 3.5.2 palm file but it still doesn't work. Can anyone explain to me in layman's terms step-by-step how to do it? I am painfully deficient in my computer expertise but trying to join the new millineum. I think if I can just save all the info on my computer I may exchange the 300 for the 270 which sounds like it is easier to use w/ the mac.
    Thank you so much if you can help me!
    Originally posted by kristina
    I just bought the treo 300, entered all of my addresses by hand and then realized it does not work with the Mac (I have a G4.) I tried the trick of deleting the 3.5.2 palm file but it still doesn't work. Can anyone explain to me in layman's terms step-by-step how to do it? I am painfully deficient in my computer expertise but trying to join the new millineum. I think if I can just save all the info on my computer I may exchange the 300 for the 270 which sounds like it is easier to use w/ the mac.
    Thank you so much if you can help me!
    You either have to use IR or Serial (see other threads on this). You can't use USB.
  3.    #3  
    Do I have IR on the Mac G4? If so, how do I use it? And what is serial?
    Thank you for the tip.
    Originally posted by kristina
    Do I have IR on the Mac G4? If so, how do I use it? And what is serial?
    Thank you for the tip.
    On a Desktop G4, no you don't have IR (it is on PowerBooks, except for the current series). As for serial, please read the other threads on syncing the Treo to a Mac for more information.