1.    #1  
    Just rec'd my first statement under the Vision billing method. Here's a heads up.....

If you call any number for data services, be it your local ISP, AOL or corporate data network.....BEWARE. Although it is data, and data is provided under your Vision plan, it all shows up as Wireless Web minutes and billed at $.39/minute. Nice $52 charge added to my bill. Same "green arrows" but the green is leaving my wallet as a result.

I don't recall anything being said by Sprint, or anyone else, about Wireless Web even being available under Vision. , let alone being billed for any data usage.

On another note, under "Promotions, credits and adjustments" it clearly states "2MB of PCS Vision Free for 3 Months"...oh, isn't that nice. So much for the "unlimited data for 3 months" that we've all been promised. No, they didn't bill me for my data usage because they can not yet figure out how to track it.....but if they do figure out how to track it, I'm sure we'll see some extra usage charges at that point.

I love this company. I think they ought to start accrediting higher educational institutions with degrees on "how to understand your Sprint Bill". It would probably be part of the Master's program.
    Sorry, but I think you misunderstand the service.

One way of looking at Sprint's service is that there are two "channels": voice (i.e. dialed) and data. When you dial ANY number, you're using the voice circuit, regardless of whether the recipient of the call is sending data or not. - it seems perfectly reasonable to be charged for voice minutes. When you are using data (TCP/IP), you are charged for the data transferred.

BTW, I wonder if there is any VoIP service for the Treo, or whether it would be less expensive...
    Originally posted by finadvsr
    Just rec'd my first statement under the Vision billing method. Here's a heads up.....

If you call any number for data services, be it your local ISP, AOL or corporate data network.....BEWARE. Although it is data, and data is provided under your Vision plan, it all shows up as Wireless Web minutes and billed at $.39/minute. Nice $52 charge added to my bill. Same "green arrows" but the green is leaving my wallet as a result.

I don't recall anything being said by Sprint, or anyone else, about Wireless Web even being available under Vision. , let alone being billed for any data usage.

On another note, under "Promotions, credits and adjustments" it clearly states "2MB of PCS Vision Free for 3 Months"...oh, isn't that nice. So much for the "unlimited data for 3 months" that we've all been promised. No, they didn't bill me for my data usage because they can not yet figure out how to track it.....but if they do figure out how to track it, I'm sure we'll see some extra usage charges at that point.
    I only got hit with about $3 of WirelessWeb charges my first month. I just dumped my Vision plan and went to 1000 anytime/7000 NW + second line + WW for $15/mo more than my Vision plan, but at least I don't have to worry about going over my 2 MB usage. I'll go back to slow speed data, as the high speed stuff didn't impress me.

Who knows maybe the plans will change next month and I'll switch again.
    Originally posted by sgruby

I only got hit with about $3 of WirelessWeb charges my first month. I just dumped my Vision plan and went to 1000 anytime/7000 NW + second line + WW for $15/mo more than my Vision plan, but at least I don't have to worry about going over my 2 MB usage. I'll go back to slow speed data, as the high speed stuff didn't impress me.

Who knows maybe the plans will change next month and I'll switch again.
    Update...I just got a call back and they couldn't switch me to this plan because I have a Treo....ahhh! I'm beginning to hate Sprint. Vision still stinks.
    I talked to Sprint about this 2MB thing. They assured me that anything over the 2MB for the first three months would be covered by them and that we wouldn't be billed for it. The way they outline things on the bill didn't seem to jive with what I signed up for but after talking to them they assured me it does. I haven't been overbilled yet! I know I am waaaay over 2MB so we'll see how it comes out on the next bill, but I won't be paying for anything over and above what I signed up for either way.