1.    #1  
    Movian VPN - Treo 300 ---- Don't Do It!!

This is nobody's fault but my own - nobody else said this could work.

Put the Movian VPN on my perfectly fine (finally) Treo 300. Tried to connect (to Vision). Couldn't. I may have set something up wrong, but I didn't even try to figure out what. Got the dreaded Error 67.

I uninstalled Movian. Still problem.
    I hard reset. Still problem.
    I used the MSL unlock code to reset device to ground zero. Didn't help.

And now, I can't even connect to Sprint Provisioning! I get an Error 67 while trying to provision (this is a new one on me).

I've started down the road with SPCS support, but they're treating it like a Vision problem, and I think I screwed up the phone.

Anyways, this is another arrow in the back for an early adopter.

Rob
    Sorry you broke your Treo. But your bravery and ability to share the story is apperciated by us all .

Yet another reason to have some kind of replacement policy on these things. I've never heard of a Palm OS based device that had so many potential issues. Great technology, but you've got to protect yourself with these things.
    What version did you install?

I got this response when I asked if it would work on a Treo 300:

Yes version 3.0 does, I can arrange to have beta software shipped to you.

--

Does movianVPN: Palm OS and Windows CE work with the Handspring Treo 300?

Thanks
  4.    #4  
    Whatever version they shipped me yesterday. Sorry. I got pissed and deleted it way off.

I don't want to point a finger at Movian yet. I need to make the sucker work with a Sonicwall Firewall / VPN, and so I tried some setting at random.

And, it is always possible (but unlikely) that the VPN software had nothing to do with my Treo frying (or, at least I think it's fried). I can't even use Wireless Web with it via the voice side of things.

Rob
    sounds like your'e in a vpn tunnel ang can't get out
  6.    #6  
    I checked, and I had tried the 2.1 version.

I have not yet heard from SPCS on this. There is an open trouble ticket. I really do think I blew up the hardware somehow, although I can not find any other instances of an app blowing up / frying a Treo.

I have heard from Certicom / Movian. They don't believe their app could do something this terrible. They did confirm that version 3.0 (due to ship on the 23rd) is supposed to be compatible.
  7.    #7  
    My Treo did NOT fry! It appears that Sprint was able to fix whatever went wrong. I'm now not even sure that it was anything other than a coincidence.

Color me confused but happy.
    I'm glad to hear that it was able to get fixed. I haven't received 3.0 yet. When I do I will report.
    Have you received v3.0 yet? I am also trying to find a solution that will allow access to my LAN which is behind a 3DES VPN enabled Cisco PIX 501 firewall using my Treo 300. It would also be nice to get an "MS Terminal Services/VNC Client" or equivalent for PalmOS that would work inside the VPN tunnel... I wont hold my breath!

What apps are you planning on using after you get the VPN to your SonicWall working? Just curious.