1.    #1  
    Ok, so I use Outlook on my computer to check my mail. I keep it stored on the network and look at it through an IMAP configuration. That way, I can access it from various computers. However, I would also like to be able to access it through my palm. Ideally, I would like some sort of mail program that looks like Pine does in Unix. I want something simple that will allow me to syncronize it both from my desktop through a hotsync or wirelessly by just logging in. I'm going crazy trying to figure something out, but nothing seems to be working quite right. Does anyone have any suggestions? It seems like it would be easy to create something that would just download my inbox from my computer or internet connection on my treo and upload the outbox. Should I just give up the IMAP business and download everything to Outlook's "Inbox"? Is that the only way a hotsync conduit will find my mail?

I'm so confused.
    There has been another posting recently regarding Imap4. Basically, my input to the thread was that I have found that using Imap4 mail applications on the Treo seems to be slightly unreliable in low signal areas.

Multimail Pro (with the conduit) offers the services that you have specified as I am sure other programs do too but it often fails on the Treo just when you want it to work.

I have reverted to a POP3 client called Mailer as this seems to be more stable than any other application that I have used. I still get to manage the remote mailbox but there is no sync via the cable option....

Eudora which is free supports Imap4 and I have found this a bit more reliable than Multimail so maybe you should check that out.

The prblem (in my experience) with Imap4 on a pda is the amount of chit chat that travels across the wireless connection. It seems to slow things down too much and hangs up every so often. On a pc, it's a different ball game all together and it's a much better option than POP3...

Hope this helps.

Paul
    Paul Upton
  3.    #3  
    Is there some trick in configuring the coduit, or am I just incompetent? I can't seem to get the mail to hotsync with my device. I'm not using the "Inbox" in outlook. Instead, I use my IMAP folder on the school's server to house all of my mail. That way all of it sits on the server and I can get to it from any computer on the system. Is it possible to configure the conduit so that it synchronizes with that folder when I hotsync my treo? What's the trick?

~Ben
    It's possibly due to the fact that you may need to select the Multimail conduit in the Hotsync "custom" section.

Paul
    Paul Upton
  5.    #5  
    I played with it a little, and the conduit is working fine. The only problem is that it syncronizes outlook's Inbox with the inbox on my palm. Since I keep my mail on the network in a network Inbox, the conduit doesn't see it. Should I give up and just go back to the pop setup so that my mail is always in my outlook Inbox, or is there a way to tweak the conduit so that it syncronizes with a folder other than the default?
    ~Ben
    That I dont know I'm afraid. Email support@palm.com as multimail is now a palm product.

Paul
    Paul Upton
    Originally posted by bblack7489
    I played with it a little, and the conduit is working fine. The only problem is that it syncronizes outlook's Inbox with the inbox on my palm. Since I keep my mail on the network in a network Inbox, the conduit doesn't see it. Should I give up and just go back to the pop setup so that my mail is always in my outlook Inbox, or is there a way to tweak the conduit so that it syncronizes with a folder other than the default?
    ~Ben
    Question: I started using MM with Outlook and it's great, except for one little detail. I have to choose MAPI cause there isn't an Outlook conduit... so when I sync it gives me this irritating message that I have to acknowledge so that the conduit can get to my Outlook settings: "another program is trying to access your blah blah..."

Did you get this, too? Is there a way around it?
    This is part of Outlooks built in security against virus attacks. I do not know of a way around this problem.

Paul Upton
    Crap! Thanks for the help.