Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Can anyone explain how to use GlowHack? I tried checking both options in the UI, but neither gave the desired result (dim screen during the day)
    Hello,

Kevin from Handspring here. Iím sorry to hear youíre having trouble with your battery. I canít say exactly whatís causing the problems. Did you let your 300 charge completely the very first time you charged it? The first charge is important because it sets a batteryís highest charge amount for the rest of its life. Therefore, if you disconnected it, say, when it was half-charged, it will only be able to charge halfway.

That may not be the answer to your problem, however. Iíve included a link from Handspring.com below that may help you improve your battery life. I hope it helps.

How can I maximize my handheld's battery life?
    http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...639&ResType=il

Sincerely,
    Kevin
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Kevin Michaels
    kevin.michaels@palm.com
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Check out whatís new at
    http://www.palm.com/
    Originally posted by paulshu
    Can anyone explain how to use GlowHack? I tried checking both options in the UI, but neither gave the desired result (dim screen during the day)
    It works fine with mine. Make sure you have the latest version of XMaster. I only chose one option (between the hours of...), not both. After setting the times, exit back to desktop, close the cover... and when I open the cover again, the backlite is dimmed and the keyboard lights are on.
    Ok, I'll bite... how do you disable "Roaming" on a single-band Treo 300?
    On the Treo's speed dial page: choose options, and then call "call preferences."
    Driving from Houston to San Antonio, my fully charged Treo 300 battery died in 1 hour in standby mode (the phone also got VERY hot). On the return trip, I disabled roaming and my phone battery didn't noticeably drain during the trip.

Enabling digital roaming is a HUGE battery drain in weak signal areas. Disable if you don't need it.
    That the craziest thing I've heard yet. Charge the battery half way and it stays that way for life. Stop it! The battery should be fully charged on every charge including the first but charging half way does not stop it from getting fully charged in subsequent chargings. I don't care who you work for.
    MRL-MO
    Originally posted by Kevin Michaels
    Hello,

Kevin from Handspring here. Iím sorry to hear youíre having trouble with your battery. I canít say exactly whatís causing the problems. Did you let your 300 charge completely the very first time you charged it? The first charge is important because it sets a batteryís highest charge amount for the rest of its life. Therefore, if you disconnected it, say, when it was half-charged, it will only be able to charge halfway.

That may not be the answer to your problem, however. Iíve included a link from Handspring.com below that may help you improve your battery life. I hope it helps.

How can I maximize my handheld's battery life?
    http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...639&ResType=il

Sincerely,
    Kevin
    Kevin, thanks for the tip, but this is extremely distressing news. And I must say that I'm extremely disappointed that Handspring doesn't make this clear in its documentation. The company should be willing to replace any unit that was damaged in this way.
    I've had my Treo since 8/18, I was dissappointed with battery life at first. However my phone now last about two days with a fair amount of use as opposed to one day.

Give it sometime.
    Barrett
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by oldguy

I have noticed that when I get a 'no service' message that sometimes it will not reconnect even in a known good area. I have found that a 'soft reset' will usually allow a reconnect.

This make any sense to anyone??

-------------------

This is a known bug in the Treo 3000 firmware. Please help us bring this to Sprints attention by calling them and opening a case. Please see the other threads in this group referencing the existing open cases on this problem.
  9.    #29  
    FWIW: I believe the battery problem is largely due to a program bug in the phone function.

The last time that the battery went dead (In less than 6 hours) I know that I left the phone program active when closeing the lid. I was pretty sure that was the problem before, but now I am 99% sure.

The last couple of weeks I have been sure to never leave the phone program active when I shut it down (Close the lid). I have been getting 3-5 days before the battery indicator even shows half full (or maybe half gone ) I am not a heavy user of the phone /data functions, maybe 5-10 minutes a day max.

I have also been turning the radio off at night which probably does not hurt either. I do have the roaming feature turned on though.
    I finally had the "battery drain" issue - it happened just after I did 2 actions that involved data access. With my data connection already established (actually, it had been established for a long time) I checked mail in SnapperMail. The first time it tried, it failed withs ome network error, second try succeeded. Then I went to use a PQA, first attempt to connect failed, second try succeeded. An hour or so later, my battery had been signifigantly drained. I charged to a full charge and another 2 hours later, the battery was down to half again. I turned off wireless then turned it on again and since then, no problem.

I believe that leaving the data connection in a "connected" state for a long period of time was the crux of the problem. I believe that the connection got corrupted in some way and when I tried to use it, the initial communications failed, yet stayed open, draining the battery. I do not believe the problem was tied to the applications I was using.

Just a theory...
    another happy treo <b>600</b> user.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12