Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I received my Motorola Talkabout (startech) to Treo 90 cable from The Supply net today. I was pleased since the site said it would not ship until 9/30.

I hooked it up to Verizon QNC and it works fine. The instructions aren't really that good that comes with the cable, so play around with the settings and it should work fine for you.

Does anyone know how to get Yahoo messenger on your PDA anymore. Their old software for palm is no longer available, and actually doesnt even work anymore.
    I just bought the new AOL 3.0 client from Handango for $19.95. It is well worth it and it supports using AOL thru another ISP (i.e. GPRS, 1xRTT and My Wireless Window). It amalgamates AOL mail, filing cabinet, AIM and an optional section called My AOL which needs the web clipping libabry to be installed.

Now that Yahoo IM is dead for Palm OS, AIM could be the best option and AOL seem to have edlivered the goods with this new colorized version. It is worth paying the $$ for this version - the old free ones were either dial-up only or were a bit long in the tooth and non-color.
    Originally posted by mjc13617
    I received my Motorola Talkabout (startech) to Treo 90 cable from The Supply net .... I hooked it up to Verizon QNC and it works fine. The instructions aren't really that good that comes with the cable, so play around with the settings and it should work fine for you.
    Would you please post the exact settings to connect your Timport to Verizon? I used the settings I received from Supplynet with the cable but it doesn't work. I can dial Verizon but my Treo 90 doesn't realize Verizon is online. Thanks.
    Originally posted by Poryphyron
    I just bought the new AOL 3.0 client from Handango for $19.95. It is well worth it and it supports using AOL thru another ISP (i.e. GPRS, 1xRTT and My Wireless Window). It amalgamates AOL mail, filing cabinet, AIM and an optional section called My AOL which needs the web clipping libabry to be installed.
    Only a guy that goes by the name of "poryphyron" can get away with using a word like "amalgamates"

visit us at www.tdscomputer.com