1.    #1  
    Anyone ever hear of a Palm OS program that tracks your car maintenance?

oil changes
    mileage
    etc. etc.

Could be a cool program. Especially if you started making databases for individual cars.

The information is easily accessible.
    I've seen quite a few car maintenance and record keeping programs. Take a look on www.Handango.com. Select Palm OS software and do a search on "car" You get a few more things like cards and so forth but you can just scan through the list and take a look at ones that look interesting. They also have a rating system from other users.
    As far as specific programs, I like AutoBase. It not only allows you to track all the information you requested, but also will alert you to upcoming service intervals.
    It's gotta be weather balloons. It's always weather balloons. Big, fiery, exploding weather balloons.
    -- ComaVN (from Slashdot)
    I've used several in the past (way back to the Newton days). I'm currently using TealAuto from Tealpoint Software . Really a slick user interface and some great feature.
    As mentioned, there are already a lot of these out there.

You could also go the 'cheapo route' if you don't need a lot of stored data-

1.) Use Datebook to schedule oil changes, tire rotations, etc.

2.) Use Memo Pad to make a memo about the specs of your car(s)- fuel tank capacity, wiper blade refill sizes, tire rotation schedule, etc.

3.) Use Expense to track miles, gas, etc.

The nice thing about using the 'built-ins' is that they don't add much to the memory, hot-sync automatically, are free, and car included in the 'find' function.
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are at!