1.    #1  
    I know it is possible on the 9290 communicator and the sony ericson p800 (quicktime6) but is there some way to play video clips on the treo? It is my dream to figure out a way to play a short clip of my top client testimonials on my phone during one on one meetings...

Ideawizard
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    there are several apps to do this - tealmovie comes to mind...

www.tealpoint.com

pretty slick considering the platform limitations.
    The best app for viewing videos on Treo: Kinoma player. www.kinoma.com
    Kinoma is the best I've tried...

and the player is free.
    Rob
    Thanks for introducing the player but.... I don't know how to install the movie files in my TREO. I tried to use the Install in my Palm software but it cannot recognize the file since the extentions are not .prc......... Please assist.

Thanks
    Anthony
    AnthonyLam
  6.    #6  
    You use kinoma producer to convert the files. It is avialable on the same website as the player. Do the trial first. although it converts easily, the audio quallity of the clips is horrible. anyone else have a solution for playing video with words on the audio on a Treo 270? I use Imovie for source video.
    Is there any one that has success with any program on the treo 270?

Ideawizard
  7.    #7  
    ideawizard

tried teal movie. doesnt work on mac. do have a mac command line file that you neeed quictime authoring software for any audio any idea how to do that?

Also all the teal movie files I played on the treo 270 downloaded from their site - you cant hear the words.

Any suggestions?

Ideawizard
    I don't think the 270 has the hardware to play voice clips or real audio. I think the ringtones are about the top of the line for sound.
    I downloaded the Kinamo player also and it's the best except for the sound. I emailed Kinamo and they said they were working on it. Maybe they'll be able to fix it. We'll see.
    May the lord bless you and Heaven smile upon you.
    Check out this site also for great discussions on all pdaphones.
    www.pdaphonehome.com
  10.    #10  
    So bottom line is that the treo cant play video clips so you can hear the words? That makes voice overs and on screen testimonials useless.

Anyone got any other info to dipute this?

1) plan b what is the best pda that is mac compatible that you can hear the words on the video?

Ideawizard
    www.genericmedia.com

has gmovie (free player) which i've installed (using mac)
    works good, sound is pretty poor, tealmovie is apprently better but doesn't
    work with mac

gmovie works reasonnably well and includes sound
    I've put my showreel on my treo (im an advertising art director)
    it works good enough to give people an idea

look also on www.versiontracker.com click palm and do a search for movie apps

cheers

martin (when o when is the GPRS update ready?)
    Originally posted by ideawizard
    I know it is possible on the 9290 communicator and the sony ericson p800 (quicktime6) but is there some way to play video clips on the treo? It is my dream to figure out a way to play a short clip of my top client testimonials on my phone during one on one meetings...

Ideawizard
  13.    #13  
    did it. Either the technology does not exist yet or we need better info.

Goal: To convert and play Mac dv video clips on the treo 270 and be able to hear the words in the video. As in client testimonials.

Current Research: (feel free to update)
    3 main programs for Video

1) Teal Movie-has no mac capability unless you know how to convert with quicktime authoring- if that.
    2) Kinoma-words in video are completly unintelligible no full screen capability.
    3) Fireviwer-windows only

Possible Solutions or next steps????:

All constructive comments welcome

Ideawizard
    http://www.genericmedia.com/products/index_gmovie.html

see my previous reply

or did you try this and it didnt help?

it works honest!
    Originally posted by ideawizard
    So bottom line is that the treo cant play video clips so you can hear the words? That makes voice overs and on screen testimonials useless.

Anyone got any other info to dipute this?

1) plan b what is the best pda that is mac compatible that you can hear the words on the video?

Ideawizard
    There is so much to the Treo, I am just downloading the Kimoma Player and watched and listened to the SPIDERMAN Trailer. --WOW!--

Here's the link:
    http://www.sonypictures.com/mobile/handheld/

Tip: Download to your SD card to avoid going over your memory and crashes.

Does anyone have any links to any other sites that have video's that we can view?

Thanks
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 12/09/2003 at 11:57 AM.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre