1.    #1  
    Is there a way i can setup my pc to hotsync over wireless. I see that there is an option to enable an ip address to sync to from- but i can't figure out how to connect from the treo. Maybe this has been addressed before, but i haven't seen it for the 300
    Thanks!
    Barrett
    Try this page for some ideas on how to proceed. It is also in the electronic user guide for the Treo 300.

HotSync configuration

I think this could be near impossible over a 3G network as I reflect upon it. Wireless HotSync is generally acheived by dialing up the modem on your PC directly - 2G style. You dial the actual number of the modem and make a direct connection with your own data.

There is also a form of Network HotSync which relies upon you dialing into a gateway modem on your network and then using the TCP/IP protocol on your local network to synch with your PC.

I suggest looking for the 2G dialup settings for a Treo 300 on this board and then setup your PC with a modem that is accessible from outside and this will work sweetly.

It might be an interesting experiment to see if it works on 3G but I suspect that Sprint and your own corporate firewall or personal firewall would block the Network HotSync port from communicating over the open Internet to allow this to work.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks i'll let you know how it works from here.
    Barrett
    I also thought you need to do the "dial up method". But with the network hotsync it'll use the sprint 3G network to connect to the IP address of your primary hot sync pc and sync that way.

Quite handy!
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    Real-ity, what port is used to connect to your PC? I might try it if I knew what port to open in my firewall.
    Anyone try this with Mac OS X?

I haven't found any docs on network Hot Sync and Macs.

Thanks,
    --Alex
    another happy treo <b>600</b> user.
    Originally posted by alex_t_king
    Anyone try this with Mac OS X?

I haven't found any docs on network Hot Sync and Macs.

Thanks,
    --Alex
    Palm has never supported Network HotSync on Macs. I'm not sure I'd even want it; Network HotSync (last time I checked) had no authentication and no encryption which basically meant that anyone that knew your IP address could HotSync to your machine and/or could watch all the HotSync information go over the network.
    Last edited by sgruby; 09/16/2002 at 09:05 PM.
    hmmm not sure what the port is... i should check myself. I'll report back if I can find it.
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    Yikes!

I had found info regarding the lack of official support for Network HotSync on Macs, but you never know what people come up with...

Anyway, thanks for the warning.
    another happy treo <b>600</b> user.
    You need to open ports 14237 (TCP) and 14238 (UDP).

For more info, check:

http://205.141.210.149/SRVS/CGI-BIN/...l2001,case=obj(2640)

and

http://www.palm.com/support/hotsync.html
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    http://www.ginsberg.org
    Hi,

6 months have went by since the original discussion, so I'm wondering if anybody has come up with solutions for this.

- Paul

Originally posted by alex_t_king
    Yikes!

I had found info regarding the lack of official support for Network HotSync on Macs, but you never know what people come up with...

Anyway, thanks for the warning.
    You will only want to use this to restore essential data after a hard reset/crash. Very slow and tedious.

-rob