1.    #1  
    Based on some of the success stories here, I called Sprint yesterday and had them assign my 2G user name as my Vision user name. This went smooth as ice and, almost instantly, I received a screen on my Treo indicating that my network settings may be out of date w/ a prompt to update. I did this and the phone went through re-provisioning; brought down my new (old 2G) user name just fine. The phone then attempted to connect with my new user name and ... WHAM ... error [67]!!!!

Over the next 14 hours, I spent over 3 hours on the phone with tier-2 tech support where they guided me through several factory resets and re-provisioning; 3 password changes, and several "wait" periods (after 3 failed connection attempts, you must wait 20 min. for the account to "un-lock").

All this did nothing, and I am still receiving error 67 messages some 24 hours after my seemingly harmless user name change. I'm on a 72-hour trouble ticket now with no data ... what a drag -- I should have left well enough alone!!!

If I learn anything from this process I'll be sure to post it here.
    fgkay,

I was having the same problem (i.e. error 67) for about 3 weeks. Just got it fixed - finally. I started asking for adjustments on my account for all of the time that I had spent on the phone with them.

24 hours later, the issue has been fixed. Just thought that this might be something that might help...

Paul
    fgkay, have them completly reprovision your phone - new username and password. if you get someone good in tier-2, it should go through right away. forget the 2g uname for now...
    nobull
    Wow, I can't believe the trouble some of you are having. My switch from regular service to 3G went smooth, with nothing more from me than a password change and a 24 hour wait.

Of course, I moved over within a day of 3G being rolled out. Maybe my early-adoptor status avoided the rush...
    this is something not to take lightly at all backup by syncing first
    then do a hard reset
    bring up the phone and hit
    ##774 there you will see reset to factory defaults tap it's going to ask you for a six digit code that you must from sprint and this usually fixes the problem

if you need help my aim s/n is :lokii69
    I believe that six digit code was 391385, if memory serves me right. But I'm not sure that doing this on your own will help.
    Once your phone has been initially programmed, the
    code Sprint gave you to set it up will not work. That
    code is only for programming it the first time. After that,
    the code you need to access the phone programming
    menus (commonly called the MSL or "sub lock" code)
    is a uinque number, generated by a hash of the phone's
    ESN - and is therefore unique to the handset. Sprint
    reps can look it up on their computers.

Sprint typically won't tell you what it is, because they don't
    want you to be able to switch carriers.

You can sometimes trick them out of it in person at the store,
    by saying your phone is broken, and then after they fill out
    the repair order (at which time they will look up the MSL
    and write it on the ticket) and give it to you to sign
    to authorize repairs, you can look at the box where they wrote
    it andd try to memorize it quickly (the copy of the repair order
    they give you will have this area blacked out so you can't
    get it off there).
  8.    #8  
    Since Sprint ran me through "forced" re-provisions 3-times as part of their troubleshooting, I wrote down the 6-didgit code that was used to access this part of the program. Out of ignorance, I asked while we were doing the unlocking what the code was for and Sprint explained that it is a unique # to each phone.

The only thing you can do with this code is access a menu that provides a single option to "Reset to Factory Default Settings" which, if done, forces provisioning to occur.

As I mentioned earlier, I've done this 3-times and I am still receiving the registration error [67] when connecting to data services.

T-minus 36 hours on my 72-hour trouble ticket that has supposedly be sent to the Sprint "engineers" for resolution.

Stay tuned ...
    the force provisioning doesn't work with out a hard reset first trust me on this I've done it
    I did have a similar problem briefly. I don't know if what worked for me will help you, but what the heck: try going to the network preferences screen and tapping on the "Service" drop-down. There should probably be two choices -- "Sprint Provisioning" and "Sprint-username," where username is your most recently assigned username. If Sprint Provisioning is selected, choose the other option. Then make sure the correct password has been entered and give data another try. For some reason after reprovisioning the phone seems to default back to the wrong provisioning service. I know this may not apply to your problem, but it worked for me. Best of luck!
  11.    #11  
    the same old error [67] ... though ... a different twist this time: after going through the provisioning, received "Error: the network is busy, unavailable or data is not enabled. (0x1102). Wierd, because I WAS connected. Anyway, upon trying again, I then receive the registration error [67].
  12.    #12  
    My data connection is now back!! How? While speaking with another Sprint tech rep today, he suggested a full-blown re-provision. The only difference I could see -- from the 3 previous provisions we initiated on Sat. via the phone -- was that this "Grand Wazoo" provision was initiated entirely by Sprint -- I only had to retrieve the new settings when prompted by the screen that appeared ~ 30 minutes after Sprint kicked off the process (eg, no triple-top-secret codes had to be entered by me).

As a footnote, I did retain my 2G user name with this provision, but I now have no clue as to what my Vision password is, and I am no longer able to retrieve my sprintpcs mail -- either from my PC or from my Treo (with Eudora)!!!

Was all of this worth the effort that initially started this journey (to make my 2G username to my Vision username)? ... absolutely NOT!
    I am right where you are! I cannot retrieve my 2G, 3G or any other Frickin G mail on either the web or my phone! I have a new "trouble ticket" in with Sprint.

My entire Sprint existance seems to be one giant "trouble ticket"!!!

Originally posted by fgkay
    My data connection is now back!! How? While speaking with another Sprint tech rep today, he suggested a full-blown re-provision. The only difference I could see -- from the 3 previous provisions we initiated on Sat. via the phone -- was that this "Grand Wazoo" provision was initiated entirely by Sprint -- I only had to retrieve the new settings when prompted by the screen that appeared ~ 30 minutes after Sprint kicked off the process (eg, no triple-top-secret codes had to be entered by me).

As a footnote, I did retain my 2G user name with this provision, but I now have no clue as to what my Vision password is, and I am no longer able to retrieve my sprintpcs mail -- either from my PC or from my Treo (with Eudora)!!!

Was all of this worth the effort that initially started this journey (to make my 2G username to my Vision username)? ... absolutely NOT!
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
    fgkay, if you call and get Sprint to give you your Vision password (which should have been created during the reprovision) then you should be able to begin retrieving e-mail via Eudora. Just revise the password in the pop3 details and change the smpt details to "prompt password" and fill it in when prompted during your first send. This worked for me, anyway.
  15.    #15  
    Thanks, but Sprint will not give me my Vision password ... they claim I need to assign one on their web site which, of course, seems to be the crux of all of these problems.
    That's what they told me, too. But at least in my case they were then able to fix my access to the "Change PCS Vision Password" option in my 2G web logon. Once they did that, I changed my password while I still had them on the line and we made sure it worked before I let them go. Are you calling the level 2 support desk directly? (877.228.2257)
    I have not tried this but it should work logically.

If you have received the error code 67 after you changed your Vision password (this is not the same as your PCS password and username), you probably have to manually update the password in your Net Prefs. The username seems to come across but not the password. Manually update it and see if that works. It should do.
  18.    #18  
    This AM, I am now able to log onto the Vision side of sprintpcs from my PC, access my @sprintpcs email, etc, etc BUT ... I can no longer retrieve my sprintpcs mail from my Treo using Eudora. I've double-checked that Eudora is using my Vision password, but I continue to receive authentication errors!!!
  19.    #19  
    I'm now retrieving my sprintpcs mail with Eudora. The fix: I used my "old" 2G password instead of my Vision password. This seems odd, as when I log into the Vision-side from my PC with my Vision password, I get access to my sprintpcs email acount/settings as well!!
    What you need to do is go to the sprint website and log into the 2G side of the login screen (using your phone number and your Sprint security password). Go to your profile, choose more, and then choose to administer your userid and password. DO NOT CHANGE YOUR USERID! Go to the password tab and type in your new password.