1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if there is a car adapter available for the 270? Thanks for your help, as usual.....
    If you want a power adaptor, both Handspring and InstantPower make one.

If you want a Handsfree Kit, I do not know of one. This is complicated even more by the fact that the Treo uses a nonstandard plug for the headphone jack, eliminating some generic handsfree solutions.
    Originally posted by Simman
    If you want a power adaptor, both Handspring and InstantPower make one.

If you want a Handsfree Kit, I do not know of one. This is complicated even more by the fact that the Treo uses a nonstandard plug for the headphone jack, eliminating some generic handsfree solutions.
    With all the Nokias out there, there must be at least one that fits their 3000/8000 series. If it fits those (the plug that is, I know the form factors are different), it should work.
    For a PDA car mount that works well with the 270, or any treo, see http://www.arkon.com. This is not a hands-free kit, just a good car mount. No true car kit exists for the treo 270.
    There's a company called THB that makes adaptable car kits for a variety of cell phones. I e-mailed them about 6 weeks ago. They promptly wrote back and said that the Treo adapter would be available by the end of August. I just checked their web site, but it's not listed yet. You may want to try contacting them. Please let us know if you're successful. Here is their e-mail and web addresses:

hotline@thb.de
    http://www.thb.de/english/prod.htm
    I bought a car charger and Holster from PDAPROS for $34.

The car charger is the OEM ending and the holster has stood up very well.

They also said that they will have a car carrier that suctions to the window and comes with the car charger. I am waiting.
    After much trial and error I have found that any adapter made for the Nokia 8000 series will work. The key is that the mini plug has two bands on it as opposed to jusr one on the standard mini plug.
    I have a car charger from Handspring; a vent clip and ultra clip from theclip.com and a Jabra Earboom Winder for the headset.

The combo works pretty good however the plastic spring clip in the Jabra isn't very good--at least on my first Jabra--it broke without any pressure at all. Jabra sent me a replacement and so far it has held up (under very light use).