1.    #1  
    Hey, I woke up this morning and I accidentally let my battery drain...but also, all of my contacts, phone numbers, games, etc...that I added to my treo in the past 3 weeks were gone....is that suppose to happen? Is there something that I am missing? Any help is appreciated...thanks in advance!!!
    Originally posted by rbatot
    Hey, I woke up this morning and I accidentally let my battery drain...but also, all of my contacts, phone numbers, games, etc...that I added to my treo in the past 3 weeks were gone....is that suppose to happen? Is there something that I am missing? Any help is appreciated...thanks in advance!!!
    Effectively you did a hard reset ... which takes the unit back to day one.

Gary
    Just like pulling the batteries on the old Palm devices. No power and the thing goes back to the factory installed configuration.
    Sometimes good things can come from a hard reset. My first hard reset was just a few days ago, I freaked, but with the hotsynch back up, it is not that bad.

More importantly my PCS Business connect finally started to work correctly (download version never sent e-mail) afetr the hard reset.
    Backup Buddy really works for me -- I did a hard reset and backup buddy restored it exactly, including all settings, to where it was at the previous hotsync. I made occasional saved backups so that I can restore to an earlier point, but usually I'm glad to get the most recent spot. Backing up every hotsync takes a while but I am glad to own this software.
    Originally posted by Preston
    Backup Buddy really works for me.
    Hey, I'm pretty new to the handheld thing. Where can I find out more about "backup buddy"? Thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by pseudomass

Hey, I'm pretty new to the handheld thing. Where can I find out more about "backup buddy"? Thanks in advance.
    Most everything in regards to software mentioned here is at http://www.handango.com/ unless otherwise noted .
    I posted this over at everythingtreo (not realizing that no one posts there). I'm having the same problem where my Treo runs itself dead and a hard reset equivalent is done. It has now happened a few more times since my post and it seems to happen when TreoMail hangs, an appointment alarm goes unanswered, or for no reason that I have been able to find yet.

While I agree that Backup Buddy might be great, I should not have to be recovering my data a few times a week. Some stability would be nice.

Treo 300 Giving Itself a Hard Reset
    « on: Sep 4th, 2002, 10:48pm » Quote Modify Remove
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello,

I got a Treo 300 last week and am very excited to have it.  I had a Treo 180 and was very disappointed with the carrier I was using and the lack of completed calls.  The Treo 300 is such a sweet device.

However ...

I have had the Treo 300 give itself a hard reset twice within a week.  The first time I was putting in the power plug to have it sync up with my PC.  There was 75% power still in it but when I plugged it in I noticed that the screen blanked and then saw the Palm logo.  The Applications screen then showed up and the only things left on the Palm were the default apps.  All of the things I installed were gone.

Just this morning it happened again.  I set the Treo to wake me up at 7:00 am with an appointment set with an alarm in calendar.  When I put on my glasses to look at my Treo, the backlight was on and the calendar was showing my appt reminder.  I touched the OK button and the screen then blanked and reset itself exactly like before.

Anyone else have this problem?  

jobo
    The only resets that I've had with mine came after I installed TreoAlertManager - that was a disasterous experience and a nasty recovery. There's also alot of people who have had reset issues associated with the AOL Aim client. Are you using either of these two apps per chance? Have you installed anything else lately?

Dunc
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Whilst an unexpected hard reset is a terrifying experience, having Backup Buddy at least gets you back to where you were. It is a great program.
    What does Backup Buddy do that regular hotsync doesn't? After my hard resets I merely hotsync'd and everything was restored on my Treo. Of course that was an issue, because it perpetuated the problem - I had to remove TreoAlertManager and re-hotsync so that I could get back in business. Would Backup Buddy have facilitated that?

Dunc
    Originally posted by Dunc
    The only resets that I've had with mine came after I installed TreoAlertManager - that was a disasterous experience and a nasty recovery. There's also alot of people who have had reset issues associated with the AOL Aim client. Are you using either of these two apps per chance? Have you installed anything else lately?

Dunc
    What version of TreoAlertMgr gave you the problem?
    As it's no longer on my Treo so I can't be sure. But whatever the current version was last week. Has it been revised? Are you running it successfully? There were a couple others here that had problems with it too. Let me know - I like the concept of the app, I just want it well tested before I go near it again!

Dunc
    Originally posted by Dunc
    As it's no longer on my Treo so I can't be sure. But whatever the current version was last week. Has it been revised? Are you running it successfully? There were a couple others here that had problems with it too. Let me know - I like the concept of the app, I just want it well tested before I go near it again!

Dunc
    The current version is 0.4 and it seems to work fine on my 270 however I am having a conflict with Treo Mail that I use and I'm not sure if it's TreoAlertMgr causing it (support didn't see how it would conflict). PDAApps support is very good and they will help you if you have any problems.
    I originally installed ver. 0.2 and it didn't work and support created a beta v 0.3b for me which worked fine then they released v 0.3 and now 0.4.
    So I suggest if you like it and want to use it reinstall the latest ver. and it should work fine, if there is a problem email pdaapps support and they are very good at corrected any problem you might have.
    Good Luck!
    Is anybody still having the power drain hard reset problem described here and in a few other threads. I have had this problem several times, and the only thing I can trace it to is that I lose service in some parts of my house and the battery drains looking for a signal.

Has anyone come up with a workable solution or has anyone with this problem traded in their Treo for a new one and solved the problem with the new Treo?
    ETUTREO300
    I have experienced similar problems. I work in a metal warehouse that results in a very poor signal (when close to a window in my office) or no signal at all. When I leave the Treo 300 on at work, it spends most of its energy throughout the day futilely looking for a signal. And the battery is alarmingly drained. I find if the data connection is on as well as the voice connection, it drains faster.

So I have to turn off the wireless mode when at work. Then battery usage is fine. Also, battery usage is normal when the Treo receives a signal all the time (i.e., weekends at home where signal strength is consistently good).
    Hmmm... sprint's website for the Treo 300 lists one of its features as:

"Power Save Mode The phone goes into this mode automatically to preserve battery life when not in a service area."

Does anyone know how to activate this feature, if it exists. It says it goes into this mode "automatically" which does not really make sense because how would it then know when the signal came back?

Anyone.................????
    ETUTREO300
    I have not seen this in the Treo at all (indeed, exactly the opposite...it keeps on looking for a non-existing signal, and drains the battery, as documented in this thread). Most regular cell phones look for a signal for a specific period of time, then go into sleep mode, and wake up periodically to do another search before going to sleep again. Haven't seen this in the Treo at all.
    just bringing this up to the top in light of a few new similar discussion threads. I am still having the same problems.
    ETUTREO300