Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    has any ex 2G/wireless web user been able to access the vision side of the sprint web site? I get all sort the error messages many folks have decribed. I've searched the board to no avail. I'm afraid to call SPCS since my Vision service on the phone works great and I don't want them to mess that up. But that may be my last resort.

Any suggestions from the board?

thanks, -Juan
    Sprint is "working on it"... said that lots of people have reported this. Typical Sprint support. Waited on phone forever to hear this. In the store they said it would probably clear up after the first billing cycle.
    Mine worked fine UNTIL the first billing cycle, then I lost access to the SPCS email both on the new phone and thru the vision website.
    I did not have access to the PCS Vision side of the website for the first month. Finally, I decided to call in. After 40 minutes on hold, a Sprint Level 2 rep was able to activate it for me. He advised me to change my PCS Vision user name to my former 2G user name, which I did. I also changed my password. Everything now works fine. He advised me not to try to change my user name again until November or December, as that was when he expected all problems to be resolved. I don't really know what he did, but it took only a few seconds once I got him on the line.

This hasn't helped, of course, when the site is down, but that's another story.
  5.    #5  
    In fact I did wait for my next billing cycle to start as Sprint advised me. That has not worked for me. I guess I have to bite bullet and call SPCS. Hopefully it's painless but my previous experience with them has not been good.

Thanks, -Juan
    I was told this morning that this is a "known issue" with no resolution date. When I pressed the girl, she said she would think within 72 hours. I'm not holding my breath....
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
    sprint is updating the website this weekend and has promise that all issues with would tooken care of if not call up and have them change your user name that sometimes works
  8.    #8  
    Well, I checked this morning (Monday) and I'm still having problems. I guess I was hoping that any upgrade this past weekend would magically help. The error messages seem different though so perhaps the Sprint upgrade just changed the error codes. I also read about the problems others are having here and decided I'll wait a little while longer.

This is really irritating. But everything on my phone works, including send/rec email with my old 2G userid and password. What am I missing by not having Vision access on the website - I may never know...however, if I do get this fixed I'll post results here.

-Juan
    Me either - but my Treo works flawlessly, so why take chances? I doubt there's anything on the Vision site I can't live without, but you'd think we could get access none the less, right!?

Brandon
    Partial success. The link appeared on the site, I successfully changed the Vision password, and I can connect on my phone. Now the problem is that the site won't allow me to (re)sign up for Wireless Web Mail! Infuriating!

Craig
  11.    #11  
    Craig,

Don't you now have a Vision userid/password that you can use for email? Are you saying that you will not get Wireless Web Mail on that account? Just checking.

Also, I'd like to use the Voice Command feature which in my case requires Vision (I think). I've tried to access this part of my Sprint main page and get this:

Error Code 1143

Error Text Please retry using another MIN or contact Customer Support for assistance.

-Juan
    Juan,

I do now have a Vision username and password. When I log in to the Home Page, and click on "6 New Messages" under PCS Mail, I am brought to a page that asks me to Sign Up Now For Wireless Web Mail. I click on the "Sign Up" button, and nothing happens. I am either brought back to the very same sign up page, or back to the home page. As I said, infuriating.

Also, I am not even sure how I will send and read mail on my Treo. There isn't an app that I am aware of that I can use....

Craig
  13.    #13  
    Originally posted by csherman

Also, I am not even sure how I will send and read mail on my Treo. There isn't an app that I am aware of that I can use....

Craig
    Craig,

I use eudora (www.eudora.com) to retrieve and send mail from my Treo. You have to use the Sprint smtp server to send mail:

smtp.sprint.com

Then you can setup multiple pop servers to retrieve mail, including your Sprint server (pop.sprint.com). I can also get my Road Runner email, lots of folks download their Yahoo mail, etc. There are plenty of threads on this board that discuss this in further detail - just search!

Good Luck, -Juan
  14.    #14  
    Well, I called Sprint L2 support (877-228-2257) this morning to see what they could do. Suprisingly I got someone after a couple of minutes and I didn't have to deal with Clair.

I spoke with a person who seemed to be aware of the problem. He even said that they have tried to fix this by assigning the 2G userid as the Vision ID but that has caused other problems and they were recommending not doing that anymore. However, he told me that the expected upgrade is this coming weekend (21-22) and he was reading this from a memo that also described the problem (about 2G users upgrading to 3G).

So, I'm a little more optomisitic but still not holding my breath waiting for this. I now have a trouble ticket in their system and I'll check next week.

-Juan
    Juan,

I don't know about you, but being told it will take 24 hours pisses me off. If I was told that I wouldn't be able to access until this weekend would have caused me to fly off the handle. What kind of business is this??? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
  16.    #16  
    My dilemna is that I'm happy with the current service and my treo is fine. I don't know what the benefit of Vision site access is to me - and I don't want to screw up my service in trying to get Vision access to work. Certainly I want them to log this ticket in their system so that I can perhaps ask for some service credit at a future date.

Yea, I do step back sometimes and think about how can Sprint botch things up so much. Its aggravating!! I didn't even want to call them. Luckily the level 2 person I was able to speak to was clueful (unlike so many others I've talked to) but the problem is out of his hands.

-Juan
    Originally posted by jmunguia

Craig,

I use eudora (www.eudora.com) to retrieve and send mail from my Treo. You have to use the Sprint smtp server to send mail:

smtp.sprint.com
    Tried this, but it complains "smtp.sprint.com" not found. Anyone have any idea why? Does anything else have to be set up? Inbound pop3 mail works fine off my servers.

-l
    _lr_ at yahoo.com
    Larry, you need to use smtp.sprintpcs.com, not smtp.sprint.com. If that's not the problem (i.e., if your post has a typo), then make sure your security settings are correct. They should be (for Outgoing) "Authentication: Best Available" and "Password Prompt" and "Security (SSL): If Available". You will have to fill in your password (which is your Vision password) during the first send. You can check the box so it will be remembered. Good luck!
    Originally posted by curtiscarmack
    Larry, you need to use smtp.sprintpcs.com, not smtp.sprint.com. If that's not the problem (i.e., if your post has a typo), then make sure your security settings are correct. They should be (for Outgoing) "Authentication: Best Available" and "Password Prompt" and "Security (SSL): If Available". You will have to fill in your password (which is your Vision password) during the first send. You can check the box so it will be remembered. Good luck!
    Yeah it was a typo in my posting - the phone is configured properly (smtp.sprintpcs.com). One thing I did try this AM was to make my vision password the same as my overall password. the phone reprovisioned without incident and web access/ mail retrieval (from my non-sprint pop3 server) works fine. Maybe it takes some TIME for the account update to get to the smtp server? Also, when it logs in, it asks for username and password; I'm putting in my vision username, not my phone number - that's correct, right?

The error message is "Log in to outgoing mail server, smtp.sprintpcs.com failed: 5.7.8 Bad username or password (Authentication failed)"

Any suggestions would be welcome. I don't really see any point in trying to get help from Claire or her co-workers.

-l
    _lr_ at yahoo.com
    I download Sprint email to Yahoo, but I use "pop.sprintpcs.com". I remember reading somewhere here that pop is outbound and smtp is inbound (to sprint).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast