1.    #1  
    Although I intended to purchase my Treo 300 from Handspring after the Sprint troubles settle down, I have been also waiting for them to come into local stores, so I could get a good look and hold one in my hand before plunking down my credit card.

The non-phone Treo 90 has been at Office Max for some time, and is a beautifully-finished, slim, lightweight product. Somehow, I assumed that the Treo 300 would be just as handsome looking, a bit thicker and a little heavier.

Yesterday, the local Circuit City got the Treo 300 in, and was I disappointed! Although I would have preferred the color of the 90, I at least expected a nicely-polished silver finish. Instead, the Treo 300 appears to be a dull grey, almost paint-like finish. No polish, no shine and no true silver look at all. In addition, it feels sooo much heavier, and sooo much thicker than the 90! To me, it's like a block of wood painted grey! No way does it look anything like the picture on the Handspring and Sprint websites!

I haven't read any other complaints like this one. Am I the only one disappointed in its looks, heft and size?
    I actually prefer the color of the Sprint version to the industrial metal look of the 90/180/270. Just goes to show that everyone's preferences are different.
    and for the size - well, it's a different device. That's like saying this Suburban is soo much bigger thab this Corvette, even tho they're both made by Chevy (maybe not the best analogy but you get the point). I like mine a ton.
    Originally posted by NateS
    No polish, no shine and no true silver look at all. In addition, it feels sooo much heavier, and sooo much thicker than the 90! To me, it's like a block of wood painted grey! No way does it look anything like the picture on the Handspring and Sprint websites!

I haven't read any other complaints like this one. Am I the only one disappointed in its looks, heft and size?
    Obviously, you haven't seen or owned a Visorphone

I like my Treo 270 but I think the Treo 300 looks a little better. Also you are comparing apples and oranges, IMHO
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????