1.    #1  
    Anyone got AOL email to work well on a Treo 300?

I am tempted to try PocketFlash 2.0 from www.powermedia.com but wanted to hear if anyone had success with it. It seems to be designed to work on packet as well as csd networks.

The PRCs for both Aol Anywhere dont appear to work - the Palm VII one crashes and the other version is for dial up only on the 2G network (too slow). The only other option I have encountered is the rather excellent GopherKing Mail PQA but this is a paid annual service.

Anyone got any ideas on what works on a Treo 300 for AOL mail?
    To use AOL for the Palm VII on a Treo 300, you first need to install the PQA (Palm Query Application) libraries - discussed in other threads on TreoCentral. That's because its a web clipping program, and not an app per se. I installed the libraries, and now the Palm VII PQA works flawlessly.
    Trust ran thru all the permutations of this...

Went to AOL (http://www.aol.com/anywhere/pda/palm/) and tried both versions...

The non-Palm VII version is CSD only.

The Palm VII version works, after I ran the webclipping info I found here - http://www.golddave.com/palm/howto/u..._palm_vii.html

And PocketFlash works without the web-clipping. It's ugly and in B/W, but it works.
  4.    #4  
    I tried out PocketFlash since and found it to be pretty good although monochrome.

Gkirsch - you did not notice any Fatal Errors when using the Palm VII PQA version? I have heard reports of this and was concerned. Perhaps it is a software conflict with Business Connection or other software?
    Install the 3.5 version PQA's, not the 4.0's.....

then go into the Proxy, under Wireless in Preferences (after installing the PQA's) and select 'default'
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
  7. dar
    I'm am getting so discouraged. I've been trying to get AOL on my Treo 300. I downloaded the palm software from the AOL site. It gave me a message that I needed web clipping software. So I downloaded the web clipping software from the site that I read on this board. I got a Fatal Error, so I did a soft reset. Everything came back except when I try to go on the internet. It says Network Error - The Network Library is not available. Now what do I do??
    I just want to say i think pocketflash is great for AOL mail. aol's own apps need web clipping, and in any event they will take up more download K because at least some more graphics will be involved each time you check your mail, whereas pocketflash just reaches out and grabs the mail. It might not be ideal if you are getting a bunch of html mail, but then, you would use an awful lot of Sprint Vision web allotment if you download bunches of your more elaborate mail.

Pocketflash gives me just what i need.
    dar,
    Did you install the INet_Library.prc file? And did you perform a soft reset after installing all the web clipping files? There are 5 of them. Make sure you have done this and it should work.
    all i can say is THANKS to all you experts in this forum. although i wish all this stuff about clipping and pqa's had been posted before i spent $25 on pocketflash. in all fairness to pocketflash, it does work great, and did not require all the clipping and pqa configuration, but nice to have AOL mail working. hope i can help sometime but i'm a palm newbie.
    $25/month?????? Are you nuts?

Go to Gopherking . For less than $3/month, you can see all email, including AOL!! Check it out -- I've been using it for almost a year (I'm a "gold member")and love it!!!

Craig
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
    Downloaded AOL and web clipping. Wants to use "modem". Doesn't seem to recognize that I'm on the Net, effectively. What am I missing?

Thanks.

Rob
  13.    #13  
    You probably took the version for non-Palm VII devices. Go back and get the PRC file for Palm VII and also make sure you set the proxy IP in the PQA browser as mentioned in the golddave site.
    someone apparently read my note on pocketflash wrong. its not $25 per month, its $25 for the software, then you are done! i did get aol mail to work now, so i have a choice, but pocketflash still is better for just highlighting some mail and deleting it without reading when i know its junk...
    Of course I downloaded the wrong version. It was that kind of day. Next question - what I really want is AIM. Any suggestions?

Rob
    AIM for the palm works great on the treo... just go to www.aim.com, then roll over the 'get aim' menu choice on the left and click on the palm software. i use it to keep in touch with my daughter at college!
    Originally posted by aarons12
    someone apparently read my note on pocketflash wrong. its not $25 per month, its $25 for the software, then you are done! i did get aol mail to work now, so i have a choice, but pocketflash still is better for just highlighting some mail and deleting it without reading when i know its junk...
    Well, as Roseanne Roseanna Danna (sp?) said: "Oh..... Nevermind."
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."