Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hey, I had a similar problem. Every time my gf would call, I would get a fatal exception... no ringtone or anything.

I think I figured it out. I assigned her a profile in Ringo as a person, but I also put her in a different group. So I guess they conflicted and it crashed my palm.

I put her in "unfiled" and now it seems to work...
    Can a person have an individual ringtone but still be part of a group?
    Originally posted by ksfhhllp
    Can a person have an individual ringtone but still be part of a group?
    Yes, this is not a problem.
    In my case, all my contacts are part of a group (actually, 'Unfiled' is a group in itself).

You only need to assign your contact its own ringtone and picture (Ringo) and here you go!

Note that for some reason, if you created the groups first, you might need to delete your contact in Ringo and recreate it to have it work.
    You don't have to do it with all contacts, but you might see that some contacts, after being created in Ringo, still use the group configuration.
    It seems to be a bug that Ringo should also address.

Anyway... once your contact created, only him/her will have his/her own ringtone and picture, while the other members of the group will use the group default configuration.
    Thanks... now I just have to wait for her to call to see if it worked. Heh.
    Originally posted by ksfhhllp
    Thanks... now I just have to wait for her to call to see if it worked. Heh.
    Good luck!
    It worked! Thanks very much.
    Applications like Ringo try to search thru the entire contacts database to identify the person or grouping and associated ringer/image to show. If the contacts database is large the incoming caller screen can remain blank for seconds and the phone software probably gets confused as to what is happening.

I installed early versions of Ringo and so did my partner. Both our phones inexplicably used to freeze up on a fatal alert when certain numbers were called. My advice is to remove all software that attempts to identify callers for ringtones, picture ID or billing accounting. These are all likely to cause instability and the instability gets worse the larger your contacts database is.

I have seen:
    - Missed calls because the phone only starts ringing when the network has decided you are not going to answer
    - blank incoming call dialogs
    - no ringtone/vibrate and only caller id displayed

A related tangent: The reason there is no sort by company in the contacts database is for a very similar reasons - too many indices = slow performance and loss of RAM space.
    Last edited by Poryphyron; 10/10/2002 at 05:36 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12