1.    #1  
    Help!

I own a Treo 180g.

Downloaded the GPRS asian beta, and then used a little PRC that fools the thing into thinking I'm using SingTel.

Couln't do the GPRS patch but was able to load the Singtel thing, but now I can't hear anything on the phone. I can make and receive calls, but the speaker in the lid doesn't work anymore. I have to use the handsfree earphone.

Did hard resets and loaded everything from scratch, but nothing helped.

What gives?

Any help is appreciated.
    I used GPRS all last week, but this morning I can't hear anything! Speaker on flip not works. All other works, other people can hear me.
    Is this phisical crash or effect from GPRS update??? Please help!!!!
    My guess is that these are coincidental to the GPRS upgrade. My speaker on my 180G went out about 2 weeks ago after more than 6 months of no problems.

If this IS related to the upgrade, I've now just backed off the fence of thinking about doing the upgrade.
    I had the same problem with my Treo 180, when I called customer service they told me that it was a known problem with some of the first devices they released. If you can hear through the handsfree, but not the speaker, it's a hardware issue. They sent me a new one with return post for the old one. I received the new one in ~5days.
    The failure of the little speaker is also discussed on the thread entitled "one way communication?" My Treo's speaker failed after five trouble-free months, and within about 3 days I had a brand new Treo 180 at the cost of $25.
    Treo user, 67+
    Originally posted by sjohnson
    The failure of the little speaker is also discussed on the thread entitled "one way communication?" My Treo's speaker failed after five trouble-free months, and within about 3 days I had a brand new Treo 180 at the cost of $25.
    This has happened to me as well. This is my 2nd Treo, and it's been fine for several months, but the speaker is beginning to give trouble again. Handsfree is no problem, and I don't think it has anything to do with the GPRS upgrade. Occassionaly, especially after I have been using the handsfree, my speaker would not work. What I do is I quickly switch on the loudspeaker function, and then it would start to work again, and I can switch back to "soft" speaker mode. I also noticed that it sometimes depends on the caller at the other end. For some of my callers, I will never have a problem with the speaker, whereas from certain phone numbers, I find I almost always have a problem with the speaker initially and have to switch on the loudspeaker to "kick" in the speaker.