1.    #1  
    As a developer, I consistantly download freeware/shareware programs to check what is out at the market.
    I noticed loads of exellent applications but one thing has not had hardly any inovation: Launchers.

Since Launcher III (The first breakthrough of tabs) there has been no inovating. All new launchers of today are putting to much on the skin side and not much under that.
    There functionality is limiting. Infact I have tested all launchers and the only one which has a bite is MegaLauncher (VIP). It has a interface for the whole system not just the front screen. And is fast loading and does its bit. But no inovating. Just another launcher with make-up.

Is this all people want? Soon when OS5 devices will arive with 200MHZ and more, people will want to do more at once.
    How is palm dealing with this? There system is still launch one and close another. Bringing XP to palm would be the worst thing to do since it would make microsoft own all device power which as you know can be devastating.

There are two ways to access this problem:
    1. Palm would have to rewrite a system to a window based system (not windows) and they would need alot of user requests to do this.

2. The only way to expand on a palm is a libary since it can communicate with a program. I am working on a solution that would allow a new launcher to call libaries as programs and treat them as other prc files. This would allow to have multi tasking in a way (remember windows 3.11). I am trying to found out how many users would be interested in such a solution.

What would you expect in such a system?
    Just remember that this is not Windows, so dont think in that way.
    I agree with your assessment. All the new launchers being released today are "fluff" nothing innovative and useful at all. I want functionality..not skins. Specifically I am looking for a launcher can take advantage of the Treo's functions.
    Originally posted by yardie
    I agree with your assessment. All the new launchers being released today are "fluff" nothing innovative and useful at all. I want functionality..not skins. Specifically I am looking for a launcher can take advantage of the Treo's functions.
    Kee-RIST! I know I haven't been paying much attention to the boards lately, but when did you jump into treoland? how d'ya like it?
    I thought I was the only one who was wholly unimpressed with skins.
    Mike
    I'd rather be upside down in my kayak than rightside up at my desk.
    Monsieur DietrichBohn,

You are slow man. I have had a Treo since March. I got a Treo 180g then sold that and went with a Treo 180 then sold that and went with the Treo 270 as soon as it came out. I had the black screen of death on my original Treo 270 and got it replaced a while back (about 2.5 months now).

I thionk my tagline says it all..I am happy with the unit.

Originally posted by septimus

Kee-RIST! I know I haven't been paying much attention to the boards lately, but when did you jump into treoland? how d'ya like it?
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    I knew this post looked familiar. Its word for word. You can also see my response in there.

http://forums.pdabuzz.net/showthread.php?threadid=42198