1.    #1  
    Hi,
    My USB cable doesn't work with my desktop machine at work. I think it's a problem with the USB chipset being slightly out of spec. It's an older machine and I suspect that the USB support isn't quit right. The cable does work in my new laptop.

So, I guess I need to spend the money for the serial cable.

Does anyone know if there is some sort of converter I can use, rather than pay Handspring an exhorbitant price for the same cable with a different connector?

Also, if you buy the serial cable, do you also get the bit that plugs into the wall? Or does that come seperatly?
    What operating system are you running on the one that doesn't work? If you're running Windows 95 (and I think 98) there's a USB update patch from Microsoft.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by lokuanyu
    What operating system are you running on the one that doesn't work? If you're running Windows 95 (and I think 98) there's a USB update patch from Microsoft.
    Windows 2000.

I looked on Microsoft's Hardware Compatibility List and the chipset for the USB ports on my PC are listed as compatible but not fullly meeting the Windows Logo Requirements.

I'm assuming it's just that the USB ports on the PC are not quite up to spec.