1.    #1  
    from the email Handspring sends out after purchase of a 270...

"FINDING YOUR PHONE NUMBER
    ------------------------------------
    VoiceStream Wireless will send you an SMS that writes your phone number to your SIM card within 72 hours after you first turn on your phone in your home activation area. To receive the SMS, you need to turn your phone's wireless mode on. To check your phone number, press the phone application button, bring up the phone application menu and choose Options, then Phone Info. If your phone number is not listed in this menu, call VoiceStream and 1) request your phone number and 2) ask them to program your phone number into your SIM card remotely."

If i check for this, it says "phone # not on SIM"
    I've never received a SMS from Voicestream about this either. Have called them about it, and they said they resend the SMS, but nothing still...

Does anyone have their # written on their SIM card??
    Yes, your phone number is stored on the sim card (but not 'written' on the card directly.) I'm not sure how to check with a treo, but on nokia's they're pretty simple to check the numbers.
    It is totally up to T-Mobile whether your number appears on the SIM or not. On some SIMs they do write the number when they activate the SIM or via OTA activation. If it is written on the SIM, you can go into the PhoneBook application on Treo and look at the Phone Info dialog. (Open your Treo, press the menu button(looks like a /) and the leter i.

If the number is not on the SIM - you see the messsage Number: Not on SIM.

I have no number on my SIM but then I did get documents from my carrier when I set up the account with my number. It is no big deal IMHO. I also have an address book entry for myself so that I can beam it to others and in case I get a knock on the head and cannot remember my number.
  4.    #4  
    Yeah, i think i can handle remembering my own number...I was just curious as to whether or not it should be there on the SIM card like Handspring said, thats all. I havent noticed any functionality problems, but I'm inclined to think that there's a reason for your # to be there...and i havent really tried to use the SIM (storing names/addresses) or swapping into a different phone.
    Originally posted by clogoodie
    Yeah, i think i can handle remembering my own number...I was just curious as to whether or not it should be there on the SIM card like Handspring said, thats all. I havent noticed any functionality problems, but I'm inclined to think that there's a reason for your # to be there...and i havent really tried to use the SIM (storing names/addresses) or swapping into a different phone.
    Clogoodie,

For the logest time I didn't have my number on my treo, and it bugged me. Not that it is needed.

It took 3-4 tries with voicesteam to finally get it.

I used the web based customer support and just told hey, my number isn't on the sim and it should be there. I was told that all you have to do is send it to my HANDSPRING 270.

After 2 tries, It finally showed up.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  6.    #6  
    I will try that. Like you said, it doesnt have to be there, but it bugged you...it's been bugging me. I mean, if Handspring says it should be there, then shouldnt it be there?

Adrian
  7.    #7  
    its been bugging me ever since i first noticed it...in your signature, you're missing the "d" in Handspring...

"Felipe Garcia
    My Hanspring is a Treo 270.

Join the Treo revolution, You know you want to."

Adrian