1.    #1  
    I noticed I wasn't getting notified when some messages should have been forwarded from my work account to Sprint so I went to their site to see if the messages at least made it there. Instead of logging in to the mail page, it bring up a "Sign up now for wireless web mail - it's free!" screen. (It just keeps refreshing, no new signup page)

Have they changed things again or is something else going on at SPCS?
  2.    #3  
    Thanks for that login screen, if anything it was worse - here was the response to my account info:

Sorry... We have temporary problem accessing your account.

The problem has now been logged. We are working to restore your access.
    We sincerely apologize for your inconvenience.

Oh well...
    not only does it not log you in, but it returns your password in clear text - BOOO!

bad sprint.
    another happy treo <b>600</b> user.
  4.    #5  
    I called Sprint, was on hold for 40 minutes, then talked to 'Steve' who kept trying to track down a problem with my phone even after I explained that the e-mail could not be accessed through the pc also.

Apparently when they aren't sure what is wrong they say there is a problem with the phone account and they fixed it - wait 2 hours and try again. So I waited and of course the email still doesn't work. I guess I'll look at it again in the morning and see how the AM support staff is.

I don't know what changed between Sunday and Monday, but functioning email turned completely dead in that amount of time!
    I had a similar problem, when I clicked on the "Sign Up Now" button I either got bounced back to the same screen or to the homepage. I could see there was a problem accessing my account, because the drop down box on the upper left of the screen, where my phone number should be, was blank.

I called Sprint, and after also waiting an hour and speaking to a couple of people, and being assured several times that Mail doesn't work on the Treo (partially true), I reached a tech who told me that they were having widespread problems with the mail signup page "looping", and were working on a fix. She said she would note my account. Well, she must have done something, because the next morning my Treo beeped with a Short Mail notification, and from then on I was able to access the web page, my phone number displayed correctly, etc. So, I suggest you keep trying to get Sprint to address this.

Once you can access the mail web page, you need to go into its settings and confirm that notification on new messages is enabled.

Hope this helps.
  6.    #7  
    I called Sprint support at 7:15 this morning and got thru right away! The guy I talked to was more informative, but was no help in getting it up and running again. He said that there is a note that they are performing email maintenance and had no Estimated completion date/time. I told him I work for a tech company and 3 days to maintain email would not be acceptable here, but that didn't change the story any.

I just confirmed the sprint site is still looping the signup screen instead of bringing up my previously functional email account. In the meantime I have my outlook at work forwarding certain messages to the xxxxxxxxxx@messaging.sprintpcs.com sms function so I at least know what is going on.

I know alot of people couldn't get email to work initially and they seemed to get their issues resolved. It seems strange that I went from one that worked fine to absolutely nothing at this point in the game!
    CRAP !!!
    This URL is also not functioning...
    I always get a debug information....
    Has this worked for anybody ????
    Has anybody checked to see if this website (http://ucweb.uc.sprintpcs.com/waimea...tml/login.html) is valid? It looks like a cheesy attempt to either play with people or get account information.
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again - SPRINT SUCKS!.

My Sprint mail had been working great, until several days ago - then it just died. No matter what I did, with all kinds of clients it kept erring out. Tonight I went to the website saw the "signup for webmail now!" button and tried to click on it - of course nothing. I went to the Claire section, tried to ask a question by filling out the form and got a cgi posting error. Then I tried the logon link above - core dump to my screen along with my password.

I understand this is new, but there's no excuse for any of this. I've been in IT for 12 years (5 at AT&T) so I know systems, phones, call centers, etc. None of this would fly anywhere I've ever worked. I'd be on the street begging for change if I rolled out a system like Sprint has cobbled together. My advice... Sell Sprint short.

Dunc
    Originally posted by Dunc
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again - SPRINT SUCKS!.

My Sprint mail had been working great, until several days ago - then it just died. No matter what I did, with all kinds of clients it kept erring out. Tonight I went to the website saw the "signup for webmail now!" button and tried to click on it - of course nothing. I went to the Claire section, tried to ask a question by filling out the form and got a cgi posting error. Then I tried the logon link above - core dump to my screen along with my password.

I understand this is new, but there's no excuse for any of this. I've been in IT for 12 years (5 at AT&T) so I know systems, phones, call centers, etc. None of this would fly anywhere I've ever worked. I'd be on the street begging for change if I rolled out a system like Sprint has cobbled together. My advice... Sell Sprint short.

Dunc
    Working in IT you should know the first question to ask ... "What did I change just before it quit working?" I've been reading too many of these ..."It was working and just quit ..." scenarios, in which everyone blames Sprint or the 300. To only repost later, meekly mumbly something about ... "Oh ... I forgot ... I installed XYZ just before things folded."

Gary
    i wish it were that easy, but my configuration hasn't changed. I can no longer access my Sprintpcs mail via the Treo, or through outlook on my laptop. Spent over an hour on the phone with support last night trying to get it resolved - they were dumb founded, imagine that. I now have a trouble ticket number, but that's it.

My mail client still works fine, on the Treo - it still sends and retrieves mail from two other accounts. But, when it hits smtp.sprintpcs.com it just hangs. And when it hits pop.sprintpcs.com it gets an authentication error, no matter what Sprint set my password to. The problem has nothing to do with my Treo, it's working fine. The problem is entirely within Sprint's setup of my account.

Dunc
  12.    #13  
    Gary,
    I didn't change anything just before mine stopped working. The email is just dead from both the treo and SPCS website. Every day I call support and sometimes I'm told they need to reset something on my phone account, wait 2 hours and it will work. Yesterday I was told it would be fixed later in the month and maybe I should get a different email provider than SPCS!

Talked to a decent tech this morning who actually checked a few different things, and then for the first time said he was going to open a trouble ticket. While doing that he said they got an alert that the manage your account page was going to be down 'soon' due to some email/manage problems with customers that moved from a 2G to a 3G account. He did think it was strange that mine worked when I first migrated and then quit 2 weeks later. He said 24-48 hours to try again and call if it was still dead.

Maybe they have had enough complaints to notice a problem and are going to address it. In the meantime I took yesterday's techs suggestion and got a new smtp account from www.hotpop.com and set it up to forward a message to my xxx.messaging.sprintpcs.com sms number, which is about the same as SPCS doing a notify on new email.