1.    #1  
    Case Techworks Inc. has a new Treo 90 ase for sale on their website. It is called the T90 Flip Case and it comes with or without a belt clip. The case price is $29.99 while the case plus belt clip is $34.99. It looks a like a nice case as you can leave the Treo's lid attached while still using the case. The case is listed in the "promotions" section of the site.

http://www.casetechworks.com
    It's nice but I am going to wait for Vaja to release a case for my Treo 90...waiting....patiently waiting.......waiting . I just want a nice case, is that so much to ask for???
    Alex.

P.S. If anyone gets a case from Techworks, please submit a review for us all to see....I am reluctant because they don't have a very big picture so I don't know the details of it.
    Goodbye my lovely Treo
    HELLO TG50
  3.    #3  
    1) The Treo remains very pocketable while using the case.
    2) The case functions well with or without the Treo's flip lid
    attached.
    3) There are two slots for SD card storage in the lid of the case.
    The SD cards will not touch the screen when stored in the
    case.
    4) The Treo seems to fit better in this case than the one sold
    by Handspring.
    5) The keyboard is far easier to use in the T90 Flip case than in
    the case sold by Handspring.
    6) There is a tansparent strap which holds the Treo in place. It
    also covers the launch buttons.
    7) You can HotSync using the cable without removing the Treo
    from the case. There is also a hole cut into the back of the
    case for soft resets.
    8) While the case from handspring snaps in the front, this case
    snaps on the back.

Overall:

I prefer this case to the one sold on the Handspring website. The Treo seems more secure in this case, there is little impact
    on pocketability and you can use keep the flip lid attached while using the case. Also, use of the keyboard is greatly improved. There are still a few things I would like to see improved but overall this is a great case.

If anyone has any questions please let me know.
    Thanks for the review. How about the belt clip?
    Anyone else have any comments on this case, or the handspring case? I want a case to offer some protection to my treo, carried in my pocket. I don't want it swinging from my belt, so its got to go in the pocket.

Not wild about removing the protective flip cover, so this seems to be the answer. Are the hardware keys usable underneath the plastic strip?
    Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    I got the Handspring leather flip case with the 10 dollar off code for registering Treo on line. Well, I works fine. It's easy to get the Treo out to hot sync. It holds two SD cards, and they are also recessed and don't scratch the screen. I miss having the Treo cover. It looks funny w/o it. The major issue is the poor quality of the leather or vinyl that lines the inside of the cavity of where the Treo fits. There's glue showing, some wrinkles, too. Not that I need a Coach leather case, and it's worth $15 with the coupon, but perhaps a little shoddy for $25. Yep it works, fits in a pocket, holds a few credit cards and some dollar bills, and the sides of the Treo are protected. Thing of beauty? No. Functional, yes. I don't want a belt clip since I always carry it in my pocket. I use the Treo cradle at work and don't mind at all taking it out of the case to hotsync.

By the way, there is a beta of Stay Off Hack with Treo functionality. I've been using it and it works well (version 2.6B--go to
    http://www.rgps.com
    and write to the author Ron Gouldner, and then register it. It's very good.)

Jon
    Thanks for your comments. I've been wrestling with the $10 off, but its probably not enough to make me overlook the other two things I don't like: removing the flip and having to take the Treo out of the case to sync. I didn't realize that was a problem with the Handspring case, so I thank you for informing me.

What I'd really like is a small hard case of some sort, but there are none. I'd give up the flip for that.
    I too took the bait and used the $10 off on the Handspring case and regretted it. I've got an unused one for sale.

I got the Case Techworks case w/o belt clip and it's everything I'm looking for. The treo fits snug and has never slipped out. The plastic retainer covers the bottom buttons but they are still easy to feel and manipulate and have never been inadvertantly pressed. I leave the flip cover on the Treo so I don't have to use screen protectors and the open flip cover holds the leather cover out of the way when open. The thickness hasn't increased by much and I still carry it in a front pants pocket or shirt pocket. The cutout on the bottom is perfectly aligned with the Hotsync connection so I've never had to remove it from the case.

They charge $10 for delivery (FEDEX/UPS) but I picked the APO option, typed in a normal Stateside address, and got it via USPS Priority within two days for $5.00.

Barry
    Well, I ordered the casetechworks flip case this morning (and shipped it via USPS- thanks for the tip)

I am going on vacation next week and I want the unit to be a little more protected than normal, so we'll see.

I assume the IR port is covered with this case? I guess it doesn't matter now that I've ordered it.
    Hello,

Just wondering if the IR port ended up being covered or not, also with the belt clip version is the belt clip removable or permanent?

Thanks for any info you can provide!

Originally posted by chrish
    Well, I ordered the casetechworks flip case this morning (and shipped it via USPS- thanks for the tip)

I am going on vacation next week and I want the unit to be a little more protected than normal, so we'll see.

I assume the IR port is covered with this case? I guess it doesn't matter now that I've ordered it.
    I haven't gotten mind yet. Hopefully in the next day or so...
    Well I got mine, so here is a mini review:

I like the styling and quality of the case. It looks nice and feels 'rich'.

The Treo fits snugly in the case, held by two strips of plastic which do not in any way bother the use of the unit. The one is in the area between the screen and keyboard and the other is over the hardware keys. They work fine in spite of the strip.

The IR port appears to be available if you open the flip enough, but I haven't tried it.

The hotsync port hole is a little small for my cable, so its not as good of a connection as you'd like.

Covers enough of the hardware buttons to keep them from being hit, most likely.

Looks like the case might be more comfortable if you took the plastic flip cover off, but I'm not gonna do that. I like the extra protection.

All-in-all, I like it. I wish it were thinner, but that is largely the fault of the Treo for being as thick as it is. The Treo is the smallest Palm I know of, but it is certainly not the thinnest.

I'd recommend this case.
    (Case Techworks Case)
    just wondering, what holds the treo in the case when the case is open?

from the website pictures, it looks like the treo would fall out if it were open and held vertically.

http://www.casetechworks.com/scstore...s/T90Thumb.jpg
    I love my Treo 90.
    Originally posted by adderx99
    (Case Techworks Case)
    just wondering, what holds the treo in the case when the case is open?
    Friction, mainly... If it were to start sliding out, the buttons would probably catch on the middle strip of plastic.

Its funny: I got my case and 64mb sd card and the same day my backlight died so I've gotten very little use out of it.
    the case techworks case is way much better than badly designed bulky one made by handspring. the case techworks is small light and even smells better
    ~mark
    My wife made me a little slip cover for my Treo 90 so I'm going to get rid of the T90 Flip case I just bought. Anyone here interested in it?

Its in mint condition, and I still have the box. I'd sell it for $20 including shipping in the continental USA...

drop me an email to chrishurley@ax84.com.