Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1.    #1  
    In my venture to find an affordable Treo 90, I stumbled across this website:
    http://www.compuplus.com/insidepage....95x6c7u&id=993
    They have them for $257.95 (US), which is a good price, but their shipping is pretty expensive because they don't offer ground or USPS services. Has anyone had any dealings with Comp-U-Plus? They have alot of low prices, but if Customer Service sucks the prices aren't worth it...
    Jack of many trades, Master of all...
  2. tree's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    #2  
    I have one on the way from them, should be here tomorrow. Paid 14.95 shipping for 2 day service. That was the cheapest shipping they had. Price plus shipping was still the cheapest I could find.

    I did some searching on the company and most complaints were high shipping prices and the occasional wrong order. It seemed to be either a good experience (got what they ordered in a timely manner) or customer service hell.

    I could not resist the price though!!

    I'll post a report here when I get mine in.
  3.    #3  
    Cool... I'll be waiting. That price is very tempting, even with an SD card you're not much more than Handspring's price. I'm very curious to see how you experience with them is. I buy alot of things from www.mwave.com, but now that I live on the East Coast the shipping time is not practical for ground. Compuplus has better prices in some cases that Mwave so I may switch if the Customer Service turns out to be good.
    Jack of many trades, Master of all...
  4. tree's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    #4  
    Got it at 1:30pm!!!! Still charging as I type. I think it might be a new version because it has the CE on the back.
  5.    #5  
    I think I'm inching closer to a purchase myself. That was really quick considering you used the cheap shipping!!!! Keep us posted...
    Jack of many trades, Master of all...
  6. tree's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    #6  
    It seems to be the newer version. I guess time will tell if the stylus gets loose.

    I'm happy so far. I've installed everything I wanted plus a few hacks. Synced it to Oulook and everything.

    So far so good!!
  7.    #7  
    Finally ordered my Treo last night from Handspring direct. I just thought that it was a good deal to get shipping and a case for that price. I also ordered a 128mb SanDisk Cruzer from Comp-U-Plus. It was $82 after everything was said and done. I originally though it to be a little big, but after a reconsideration and price, it seemed like a good deal. The actual item was only $68!! That's only $6 more that a solo 128 card.
    Jack of many trades, Master of all...
  8. #8  
    I was reluctant to mention this, but now that I know I'm not selling my Treo 90:

    I found a company called ReturnBuy on ebay selling Treo 90's for $160, so I snapped one up.

    They test the major features and report them so you can see that the unit powers on, where it has scratches, what its missing (a stylus in the case of mine).

    The company seems decent to work with. Mine arrived in better shape than I expected, but it was missing the sync adapter as well. I wrote them and they offered to credit enough back to me to buy a hotsync cable. Actually, I bought two with it because I got them off of ebay as well.

    Anyway, I love it for $160. I don't think I could stomach the $300 even if it had 64mb RAM, high res 16bit screen and played mp3s.
  9.    #9  
    I saw that company as well, but I didn't want to try them and get a "dud". So I sprung for the $300... Good deal, in hide sight maybe I should have done the same....
    Jack of many trades, Master of all...
  10. #10  
    Originally posted by adrian76
    I saw that company as well, but I didn't want to try them and get a "dud". So I sprung for the $300... Good deal, in hide sight maybe I should have done the same....
    I was very very concerned about that as well, but they had a very strong feedback ratio and they at least turn them on. I consider myself lucky, but so far so good.
  11. #11  
    Return Buy does offer a one year replacement warranty for $25, and 2 years for like $40 (can't remember)
  12. #12  
    The best price I know of is from Staples.com. Staples' regular price for thee T90 is $280 and they have an online coupon for $30 off $150 (Coupon # is 70222). If you can combine coupons (I didn't go this route so I don't know for sure), you can get free luggage as well (item # 459784) when you spend over $100 using coupon # 91710.

    So that's $250 for $340 worth of merchandise. Plus they ship overnight for free as long as you're within 20 miles of a store.
  13. #13  
    Cool, thanks for the bargain tips - anyone know of any other cheap Treo 90's?
  14. #14  
    I have dealt with return buy more than once. I first saw on their website that the treo was 199. I was ready to buy it for this price then by the time I came up with the scratch they lowered it to 159. Sweet. I was in like new condition, didn't come with the sync cable but I just got one of ebay for $10. I like it. I just got rid of my amigo (ppc device) It was a beatiful machine. Unfortunately it had all the reliabilty expected of a windows device. Besides I took a step back and asked myself if I REALLY need to watch a movie on the can. The answer was no.
    It's a trick, get an axe!
  15. #15  
    Hello,

    Staples was the best deal I could find and get the unit fairly quickly. Most of the items I was seeing from returnBuy were taking 14 days or something to get shipped and I was going out of town.

    Glad I got it at Staples. $279 and I walked in and picked it up.

    1st machine lost the backlight
    2nd machine had a bad "a" key (makes you nuts when you input a lot of stuff on it - I was double keying all the time!)
    3rd machine I thought had a screen flicker - but it seems OK now. Don't know, maybe I got used to it. Either way, I purchased the $40 screen protection from Staples so that way I can just walk in and get the replacement.

    Oh, the other benefit of getting it at Staples (not that I'm really a huge retail type of guy - I prefer the web for most shopping) but when I had the problems with my unit I was in two different states. I called Staples, they faxed me my receipt and I was able to walk in and swap the machine. Can't complain about that.

    Peace,
    Phillip
  16. #16  
    This is a great deal, thanks for the info! I just purchased a Treo 90 via staples.com. However, the free luggage coupon code has changed to "79432", the item number is the same. The new coupon code expires on 28 Sep 2002. So I got $40 of luggage, a Treo 90 and it will be here in 2 days - all for $249.99. Wow!

    Thanks again,
    Justin

    Originally posted by toxckrayon
    The best price I know of is from Staples.com. Staples' regular price for thee T90 is $280 and they have an online coupon for $30 off $150 (Coupon # is 70222). If you can combine coupons (I didn't go this route so I don't know for sure), you can get free luggage as well (item # 459784) when you spend over $100 using coupon # 91710.

    So that's $250 for $340 worth of merchandise. Plus they ship overnight for free as long as you're within 20 miles of a store.
  17. #17  
    Originally posted by jinevill
    This is a great deal, thanks for the info! I just purchased a Treo 90 via staples.com. However, the free luggage coupon code has changed to "79432", the item number is the same. The new coupon code expires on 28 Sep 2002. So I got $40 of luggage, a Treo 90 and it will be here in 2 days - all for $249.99. Wow!

    Thanks again,
    Justin

    I'm thinking about jumping the gun on this one and doing it. Could I go into a Staples store and do this -- and still get the free luggage? I don't wanna wait the two days

    There seems to be a $40 off $200 coupon here:
    Scan of Coupon found on another board

    Anyone?
  18. #18  
    that's a good question... if i wasn't such an *****, I'd know the answer.. I asked them on the phone if I could use those coupons in the store and the guy wasn't sure. He said to ask in the store.

    So naturally I wrote down the coupon numbers, went to the store, bought the Treo and forgot to ask.

    Incidentally, in most cases, you should receive your order next business day (pending availability) as long as you place your order by 5 pm. And Staples always has free shipping for orders over $50.
  19. #19  
    Originally posted by toxckrayon
    that's a good question... if i wasn't such an *****, I'd know the answer.. I asked them on the phone if I could use those coupons in the store and the guy wasn't sure. He said to ask in the store.

    So naturally I wrote down the coupon numbers, went to the store, bought the Treo and forgot to ask.

    Incidentally, in most cases, you should receive your order next business day (pending availability) as long as you place your order by 5 pm. And Staples always has free shipping for orders over $50.
    My area's shipping is 2-3 business days I could always just pick it up - it's a 15 min ride!

    But I would wanna get those luggages too........
  20. #20  
    oh, i guess that's right.. I forgot you have to put in your zip code before getting product/shipping info..

    you should call the store directly and ask them if they'll accept those particular coupons on the phone then.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions