1.    #1  
    I'm sick of the low speaker volume on the Treo. The volume is much too low, even when the volume is set to max. I'm also experiencing low volume w/ a Plantronics handsfree set. I mean, when the volume is set to max, it SHOULD be uncomfortably blasting in my ear. Instead, it's at a barely audible volume. I especially noticed this last night while trying to use the Treo w/ my handsfree on a busy street w/ cars whizzing by.

There HAS to be a way to fix the Palm OS software to get the volume higher. Afterall, the Treo does have a speakerphone option, which gets the speaker blasting, meaning it's not a limitation with the speaker.

I emailed Handspring about this problem before, but got a useless reponse telling me that I can't get it any louder than it is. Anyone else experiencing this?
    Originally posted by denik
    I'm sick of the low speaker volume on the Treo. The volume is much too low, even when the volume is set to max. I'm also experiencing low volume w/ a Plantronics handsfree set. I mean, when the volume is set to max, it SHOULD be uncomfortably blasting in my ear. Instead, it's at a barely audible volume. I especially noticed this last night while trying to use the Treo w/ my handsfree on a busy street w/ cars whizzing by.

There HAS to be a way to fix the Palm OS software to get the volume higher. Afterall, the Treo does have a speakerphone option, which gets the speaker blasting, meaning it's not a limitation with the speaker.

I emailed Handspring about this problem before, but got a useless reponse telling me that I can't get it any louder than it is. Anyone else experiencing this?
    Drugstores have a kit to clean out the earwax in the ear canal. Might try one.

Gary
    hmm - I've had NO such problems. if anything, my volume tends to be too much for me. Time for a new phone, if you can wrangle one.
    I'm having the same problems with my Treo 300. Wondering if you ever solved the issue. Just called Sprint about it yesterday and they agreed to switch out the unit. Happy about that, but not convinced the new one will be any better. Just curious about your experience since posting your message.

Rob
    For what it's worth, I have once in a while observed the phone to ring at an abnormally low volume, but I've never been able to determine what it's related to. Bizarre.
    Originally posted by mblank
    For what it's worth, I have once in a while observed the phone to ring at an abnormally low volume, but I've never been able to determine what it's related to. Bizarre.
    If open, rings are soft.
    I have had three Treo 300's.

The first had a crystal clear and loud speaker. I had to trade it in because Sprint had some trouble with the EIN number being replicated through their network.

The second had speaker volume that was so low I had to put it on speaker-phone to hear anything in my car (new and quiet car). I traded it in on the one I have now.

The Third phone has good volume, but it is not crystal clear at the higher volume levels.

I am done fighting with the twits at Sprint - I will just suffer with it until someone comes out with something better at which time this one will go in the trash.
    Regards - Randy "Thumper-7"

Sprint's Customer Service will eventually put them out of business!