1.    #1  
    Is there now a download which will allow me to HotSync my Treo 300 on my Mac G4 as I could easily do with the Treo 270?
    There is no support for the Mac from Sprint. But this works:

http://www.markspace.com/missingsync.html

It's made for the Clie but it has the drivers you need for the Treo 300. You will need to use the 3.0 version and have OS X installed in order to use it. The 2.x doesn't work with OS 9 and the Treo.
    Is there anything that can allow me to hotsync my new treo300 to my ibook running os9.2.2 ? I have palm desktop software already installed.
    Originally posted by maazmaaz
    There is no support for the Mac from Sprint. But this works:

http://www.markspace.com/missingsync.html

It's made for the Clie but it has the drivers you need for the Treo 300. You will need to use the 3.0 version and have OS X installed in order to use it. The 2.x doesn't work with OS 9 and the Treo.
    Missing Sync does not work for everyone. I purchased it after hearing it discussed here and was never able to get it to work with OS X on two different machines. Since the Treo 300 is not an officially supported device - and it appears there is no evaluation version proceed with caution.
    I had to upgrade to OS 10.1.5 in order for it to work, if that helps any.
    It took a complete disk reformat and install, but it works perfectly. Apparently there was something causing a conflict.
    Why can't I use Palm desktop 4.0 with my macs running 10.1.5? I haven't yet bought missing sync or a serial adapter. Do I need one or both? Futhermore, do I HAVE to ditch 4.0?

Desperately Needing Help-
    BrotherNick
    The drivers aren't available for the Treo in 4.0 so you have to use missing sync. You don't need to ditch 4.0 you actually need it in order for it to work in OS X.

I'm not sure about the serial adapter but I would assume it works. You probably want to contact the Missing Sync guys about that:

www.markspace.com/missingsync.html
    If you want to synch via Infrared or via the trick with a Keyspan USB to Mac ADB serial adapter, you can use virtually any version of the Palm Desktop for Macintosh.

The main reason you run into problems synching any Palm powered device is the USB driver is not compatible in the version of Palm Desktop you are using.

Go get the latest Palm Desktop from Palm Inc and use your IR port - it will synch fine with the Treo 300.

Or go to www.handspring.com and buy the Serial cable and get a legacy USB to serial adapter like the Keyspan one and set up your HotSync Manager for Serial port synch. If you do this I recommend using an older version of Palm Desktop as PD 4.0 may not support the older serial port functionality. Handspring has a version 2.6.1 on their site which should work just fine.
    It seems like all the reports of mac synching success I've read to date refer to synching with OS X.

Without getting into a long explanation as to why I have to stick with Mac OS 9.2.2 for at least the short foreseeable duration, can anyone help by telling me whether there is a way to synch the Treo 300 with Mac OS 9.2.2?

Keeping my fingers crossed for a positive response!

NateS
    I synch with my PB G3 firewire running 9.2.2 thru the IR ports. It's pretty slow, but works. I'm waiting for an official USB solution or MissingSynch for Treo.

Bo
    Does anyone know if MissingSync works with Jaguar, or are there any issues?
    I've heard it works with Jaguar

my friend uses it for his Clie off of Jaguar
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    Originally posted by Handspring
    Does anyone know if MissingSync works with Jaguar, or are there any issues?
    Yes it works. I had problems getting it to work under 10.1 (I think because of a software conflict) and so I did a clean install of 10.2 and it worked perfectly.
    If you've got an IR equipped Powerbook, this is the way to go.
    I used a 667 TiBook running Jaguar and a brand new download of Palm Desktop 4.0.
    Hints: After installing, before your first HotSync, go in the PalmOS Updates folder and remove the 3.5.3 update folder - it will keep trying install this update which doesn't work on the Treo.
    Second, IR is SLOOOWWW! Be patient, my first HotSync (with DocstoGo, Kinoma and others) took over ONE HOUR! I'm hoping the next sync will go a little faster...
    on handspring's treo accesories site, they are offering a treo cradle that claims to work with mac osx and the treo 300. i ordered one when this first posted. supposedly it will ship on the 17th. we'll see.
    Teh cradles and cables dont care what OS you are using. I have the USB cradle for my desktop and synch with OS X. It is the driver software rather than the actual cradle accessory that matters. I also sync a Treo 90 in the same cradle from HS.