1.    #1  
    So, I've got someone who will sell me a Treo300 for $475 bottom line, without service. It would seem that, since most dealers charge a premium for a phone purchased without service, there should be some way to get a dealer to turn on the service, NOT sell me a phone, and share his rebate from Sprint.

Can anyone tell me about how much Sprint kicks back to the dealer, and perhaps suggest a dealer who would do this deal.

I think that this deal has the potential to be better than the $100 back from Handspring because it's interstate=sales tax free, which for me would be about $42. So if I add the $25 discount, If I can get greater than $33 from the dealer, I'd be ahead of the game.

I'm also assuming the compusa deal is gone - if there's still $200 on the table there, that's the clear winner.

-lr
    _lr_ at yahoo.com
    you cant turn on service WITHOUT a phone - your lagic is flawed.

Buy the phone for 475, call sprint to turn it on - collect any rebates from sprint.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by Mr.Pink19108
    you cant turn on service WITHOUT a phone - your lagic is flawed.

Buy the phone for 475, call sprint to turn it on - collect any rebates from sprint.
    My "lagic" is fine - I want to buy the phone and service separately. I know I can get any advertised sprint rebates; what I'm after is a piece of the dealer kickback.

-l
    _lr_ at yahoo.com
    Originally posted by Larryr

My "lagic" is fine - I want to buy the phone and service separately. I know I can get any advertised sprint rebates; what I'm after is a piece of the dealer kickback.

-l
    Good luck - I'm sure your time is much more valuable than the energy you will expend trying to pull this together. More power to ya. Peace out - Pink.