Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Here is a new Bluetooth wireless headset for Devices which does not support Bluetooth headsets...
    But will it work with the Treo???
    Can somebody check in his market , cause I could not find it in ours!!!!

http://www.pocketpcmagic.com/airmagic/

Best regards ,,,
    I am using the Jabra FreeSpeak and it works just like a corded headset. Good luck getting one, it is backordered everywhere!

Jabra Freespeak
  3.    #3  
    And we should not forget to mention M1500 from plantronics..It has been discussed in a later topic...:

Direct Link to M1500

Plantronics Site Link

Best regards ,,,,
    Originally posted by thegman
    I am using the Jabra FreeSpeak and it works just like a corded headset. Good luck getting one, it is backordered everywhere!

Jabra Freespeak
    A little pricey but this is what I probably want. I still find the Treo a little too big hanging from a belt but I figured with this headset, I can keep my Treo in my pocket and hang the headset on my belt - big difference in size. Is this a reasonable thought Thegman?

Can you also answer and terminate the call through the Jabra unit?
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Although it doesn't say so anywhere on these sites, I suspect these headsets won't work on the Treos because they use the standard 2.5 mm jacks, not the Nokia-style we use. If it turns out they DO work, it would not be possible to answer and end calls using the unit.

Hopefully versions for us (and Nokia) will follow.

Geoffrey
  6.    #6  
    @gmaugham
    Do you mean that non the above mentioned Bluetooth Headsets will function 100% with the Treo !!!???
    I can see in the M1500 that the Jack has 2 black rings, and our Treo Jack has 3 black rings.... Is it affetcing too much ???
    Originally posted by Treo Rat

A little pricey but this is what I probably want. I still find the Treo a little too big hanging from a belt but I figured with this headset, I can keep my Treo in my pocket and hang the headset on my belt - big difference in size. Is this a reasonable thought Thegman?

Can you also answer and terminate the call through the Jabra unit?
    Yes, that is a great idea. I keep my Treo clipped to my laptop/briefcase bag and answer/terminate calls with the button on the earpiece (very nice by the way) and I love the freedom of moving around without it clipped to my belt.

You'll love it.

G
    Yes, that is a great idea. I keep my Treo clipped to my laptop/briefcase bag and answer/terminate calls with the button on the earpiece (very nice by the way) and I love the freedom of moving around without it clipped to my belt.

You'll love it.

G [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks Thegman. I will definitely buy one when they become available again.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    http://www.jabra.com/materials/JABRA..._HomePage.html

here are some pics of that headset.
    Found the Freespeak on eBay. The link is here .

$99 plus a minimum of $19 for FedEx ground. Definitely gauging on the shipping if you ask me, but if you want it badly enough....
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
    I imagine that you cannot initiate a call with this device and the Treo 300 -- correct? Since this model Treo doesn't have voicedial, unless there is a way to dial voicecommand....

Anyone?

Craig
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
    Although it doesn't say so anywhere on these sites, I suspect these headsets won't work on the Treos because they use the standard 2.5 mm jacks, not the Nokia-style we use. If it turns out they DO work, it would not be possible to answer and end calls using the unit.

Hopefully versions for us (and Nokia) will follow.

Geoffrey
    According to the Jabra FreeSpeak BT200 DataSheet there is a 4 conductor plug for Nokia phones. Does this mean it will work with the Treo 300?

Anyone?
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I just spoke with a Jabra rep and was told the current FreeSpeak DOES NOT work woth the Treo. She informed me that in early November they will be introducing a model that will 100% compatable with the Treo. She said it would be listed on their web site in about two weeks.
    Looks like it'll work with any Bluetooth device that would normally use a headset. Laptops, etc.
    http://www.jabra.com/fscs/NBFreeSpeak_FAQ.html#9

Her's a pic http://www.jabra.com/POPUP_ADS/images/FSpopup.gif

I wonder I could listen to my laptop playing a CD while I am talking on the phone?
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I just ordered the Jabra FreeSpeak. They have a new version that was designed for the Nokia phones. Customer service stated it was fully compatable with the Treo. I should receive it sometime next week. I'll keep you posted.
    just ordered mine should receive it by thursday the 8000 nokia series works with the treo

fred
  17.    #17  
    Kindly provide us with the answers for the following:

1) Is it 100% compatible with the Treo ??
    2) Is it Ringing for incoming Calls, SMSs or Alarms ??
    3) Is the Voice from the Speaker and the other side clear ??
    4) What is the Max. distance till it cut the Bluetooth connection ??
    5) How big is the connected unit to the Treo ??

Thanks a lot in advance ,,,, Best regards ,,,,
    So Thursday has come and gone.

What's the deal?

Does it work? Does it suck? Is it incredible? Do you have to slick your hair back like the people in the Jabra photos?
    yes thursday came and went was sent the wrong model was reg 2.5 with adapter which did not work. I am waiting for the right one which should be in my hands by monday.

fred
    Originally posted by fkpalm
    yes thursday came and went was sent the wrong model was reg 2.5 with adapter which did not work. I am waiting for the right one which should be in my hands by monday.

fred
    Oh, were you another victim of celphoneaccessories.com taking it upon themselfs to send out something we didn't order?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast