1.    #1  
    SMS Notification of new emails (Netendeavors.net Review)

I've been looking for a service that will provide some form of notification of new emails. I've been using netendeavors.net service for about a week now, and it has been, for the most part, good. I posted earlier that I was generally getting SMS notifications to the Treo within minutes (sometimes seconds) of new emails. This is generally true for the daytime, but I have noticed that the messages take longer to get through as the day wears on. There have been times (usually evenings) where I didn't get a notification until an hour after I actually received the mail. I don't know if this is becuase of server traffic on Sprint's end or Netendeavors end, but it did happen fairly regularly this week.

I feel like this is a good solution and could be a great solution if netendeavors would also provide SMTP access so that I could send outgoing mail. My regular ISP doesn't allow me to use theirs, and I still am not able to set up my Sprint account. Sprint seems pretty unreliable, so I"m not sure that I would want them.

With that said, has anybody found any new methods of getting notified of new emails?
    I have my ISP forward a copy of every email to the Treo (##########@messaging.sprintpcs.com). In almost every case, I get the notification BEFORE the email arrives at my desktop (checking every 2 minutes via T1).
    If you've signed up for Sprints Wireless Web email option on your plan, you can use included Sprint email address to do that. It will allow SMS notification of incoming email.
  4.    #4  
    yeah, my ISP sucks, they don't have an option for me to forward copies of emails
    am I missing something here or why isn't anyone using yahoo? it has all the features you are looking for : instant sms notification via sms, pop, smtp, and is extremely reliabe and fast. only 35 per year. I've been using it for about a week now. notification is virtually instant.
    I like Yahoo's msg services, but how do you prevent from receiving notifications of all of the spam mail? When I tried to use it with my Treo, I'm averaging over 50 SMS messages/day for just the junk mail that comes into my Yahoo account. These are mostly messages that Yahoo automatically filters into the "Bulk" mail folder, but I still receive an SMS notification for each one, along with the "real" messages that I want to know about.
    Originally posted by fgkay
    I like Yahoo's msg services, but how do you prevent from receiving notifications of all of the spam mail? When I tried to use it with my Treo, I'm averaging over 50 SMS messages/day for just the junk mail that comes into my Yahoo account. These are mostly messages that Yahoo automatically filters into the "Bulk" mail folder, but I still receive an SMS notification for each one, along with the "real" messages that I want to know about.
    I guess you just have to be more careful about who gets your e-mail address. The other option is to set up filters in yahoo to only allow forwarding from people you know. Another way to go would be to use a service like Mailshell.com on top of yahoo, to filter out spam.
  8.    #8  
    doctorc,

I have a couple of questions about Yahoo's service, that I couldn't get answered at Yahoo's site. If you could help out, that would be great.

1) I didn't see anything about SMS notifications. Is it a separate SMS notification with subject/sender info, or do you setup a filter to forward that mail to your Treo. If the latter, doesn't that mean that there won't be a copy remaining on Yahoo's server?

2) Can you create filters to forward emails to more than one account?

Any help would be great. I checked out mailshell when you first recommended it, but it doesn't seem to do anything of the things I just asked about. The filters do seem to be pretty good though.

Thanks
    pc132